Rotterdam sailing 9.23.17 to New England/Canada

debsteryx

So far, Jose is projected to stay well south of the New England coastline. The tropical storm warnings for Rhode Island were lifted this afternoon. It is also projected to turn south, and start in a circle. Boston and points north look to be free of the storm---at least as of now.

However, the seas right now are quite stirred up. That is going to spread out more than a little, and will take a while to calm down. If you need sea sickness remedies, I would plan to have a good supply handy.

I'm on that same cruise and wondered if we will have any impact. Any additional updates would be greatly appreciated.

Right now Jose is in a holding pattern well south of New England. Weather is humid, heavy, with strong gusts of wind. Pictures of the sea show strong surf along the coast.

Now, how far north this goes, I don't know. The sea will still be bumpy on the weekend.

I am slightly north of Boston and had 20-30 mph winds most of the day withh 40 mph gusts. We had rain udreingg gthe night but tthe nightt but little through the day today. I ddon' see a rreason you should not ebe able to sail from BlackFlacon this weekend.. there are warnings for high seas but I wouldn't worry too much a a bout that.