Specialty Dining Reservation Reminders

djhsolara

Do they no longer send out the specialty dining reservation reminder/confirmation cards to your staterooms? We did not get one for Pinnacle two nights ago and have not received one for tonight at Rudi’s Sel de Mer.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got them in April and May 2017 on our Rotterdam cruise.

I did notice that there were preliminary reminders in the cabin as well on embarkation day. Did you get those?

I usually have those nights marked so I really don't need a reminder, but it's always nice.

Do they no longer send out the specialty dining reservation reminder/confirmation cards to your staterooms? We did not get one for Pinnacle two nights ago and have not received one for tonight at Rudi’s Sel de Mer.

Thanks!!

We did not get them in May on the Noordam.

We’ve gotten nothing. In fact, the morning of the Pinnacle reservation I called to confirm since we didn’t receive anything.

Remind us what ship you are on please? Sounds like the PG manager has slipped? Hopefully this hasn't changed as some might let it slip their minds.

We’re on Nieuw Amsterdam. We’ll see if we get it for Tamarind tomorrow night.

I honestly don’t care either way, it just made us question whether something happened to our reservation between the time that we confirmed it upon embarkation and the day of the dinner.

We’re on Nieuw Amsterdam. We’ll see if we get it for Tamarind tomorrow night.

I honestly don’t care either way, it just made us question whether something happened to our reservation between the time that we confirmed it upon embarkation and the day of the dinner.

Thanks :). It will be interesting to see if you get one for the Tamarind - if you don't, it's a ship thing, if you do, it's the PG manager.

We got them on the Veendam in September.

Thanks for posting this because there had been reports of negative experiences with the PG on Veendam in July, especially with the PG manager, so this makes me think that by September they may have replaced that manager. m--

Thanks!!

Hi, just off the Nieuw Amsterdam in Alaska, and everything I had pre-booked/pre-paid (2 Pinnacle Grill dinners for 4, 1 Tamarind dinner for 4) was there on cards the first day in my "in box" at my cabin. We also received reminders on the day of dining. Of course, we also got a "perk" Pinnacle Grill dinner in each cabin .....and we wanted to sub one of my pre-booked/pre-paid PG dinners with the "freebie." Utter mayhem ensued. Joking.....a little. It ended up that they credited me BOTH pre-booked/pre-paid PG dinners for 4 as OBC, then booked the "freebie" for our first night at sea, and then charged us for the PG dinner on our last night at sea. That would have been fine, except that when they charged us on our last night at sea, they charged my brother and sister in law for their dinner, which should have been our treat! Oh well, cie la vie, right? The dinners were great! Three of us added on the lobster tail to make it a surf and turf and it was well worth the up-charge, IMO!

Best wishes!

I had 3 complimentary meals. I had reminders on the 2 dinners in the Pinnacle Grill. They had scheduled me during a port time and late, late, late on Saturday evening.

When I went to reschedule my Pinnacle Grill meals, the attendant told me the time of my Caneletto meal. I never received any written reminder of the Caneletto dinner.

This was on the Noordam in Alaska in July.

Patti

Hi, just off the Nieuw Amsterdam in Alaska, and everything I had pre-booked/pre-paid (2 Pinnacle Grill dinners for 4, 1 Tamarind dinner for 4) was there on cards the first day in my "in box" at my cabin. We also received reminders on the day of dining. Of course, we also got a "perk" Pinnacle Grill dinner in each cabin .....and we wanted to sub one of my pre-booked/pre-paid PG dinners with the "freebie." Utter mayhem ensued. Joking.....a little. It ended up that they credited me BOTH pre-booked/pre-paid PG dinners for 4 as OBC, then booked the "freebie" for our first night at sea, and then charged us for the PG dinner on our last night at sea. That would have been fine, except that when they charged us on our last night at sea, they charged my brother and sister in law for their dinner, which should have been our treat! Oh well, cie la vie, right? The dinners were great! Three of us added on the lobster tail to make it a surf and turf and it was well worth the up-charge, IMO!

Best wishes!

This is good news as we'll be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November and hoped to get the reservation cards on 1st day as in the past.

Fingers crossed!

dh