Premium Economy Air Upgrade

ChucktownSteve

Thankx. Do you or anyone else feel it is worth it or not worth the added cost?

I'd say price it on your own and compare it.

Absolutely worth it! Just flew to Barcelona and then returned from Athens...14 hours flying. Premium Economy well worth it!

What airline were you on to Barcelona?

Thankx. Do you or anyone else feel it is worth it or not worth the added cost?

Only you can decide if it is worth it to you

I would price out the cost of booking your own air in PE & then decide

I would book PE or 1st for longer flights depending on costs :halo:

Since this is for a cruise in 2019, it will be hard to compare until the added deviation charge kicks in and Oceania flights are available.

I just did the Delta comfort seat upgrade to Edinburgh and from Stockholm but that was about 1/2 the cost of Oceania's PE upgrade. Are they the same thing?

PE will cost us each about $300 plus the deviation fee.

Since this is for a cruise in 2019, it will be hard to compare until the added deviation charge kicks in and Oceania flights are available.

I just did the Delta comfort seat upgrade to Edinburgh and from Stockholm but that was about 1/2 the cost of Oceania's PE upgrade. Are they the same thing?

No, Delta comfort is not true PE. Delta is coming out with a true PE product on a slow roll out. Right now I believe the only DL TA flight is one from DTW beginning in spring.

Lufthansa, Air Canada, Air France and now AA have the most TA flights.

True PE will have a bit more recline, a footrest and better in flight amenities.

DL has more PE flights to Asia. I think it’s three from DTW and one from ATL.

You can see the difference in product on the DL website. For that matter, you can search the PE products on the each of the other airline websites mentioned above on their websites.

Edited by buggins0402

I would have it added to the cruise now & you can always remove it later when the air schedules are released if you want to

If you wait PE may not be on offer then

JMO

I would have it added to the cruise now & you can always remove it later when the air schedules are released if you want to

If you wait PE may not be on offer then

JMO

That's the same thing my TA recommended and that's what I did for the same reasons you mentioned. Thankx all.

Premium Economy and a deviation fee was not worth it for us after doing research into the best flights from Chicago to Venice and from Rome back to Chicago. We were able to book direct flights in preferred seats and saved $500 over Oceania charge for Aug 2018 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Premium Economy and a deviation fee was not worth it for us after doing research into the best flights from Chicago to Venice and from Rome back to Chicago. We were able to book direct flights in preferred seats and saved $500 over Oceania charge for Aug 2018 cruise.

Were your preferred seats actual Premium Economy or were they just a bulkhead or exit row seat? Or even possibly just a seat with a little more legroom?

There's a difference. To compare apples to apples you need to look at a carrier that provides dedicated true Premium Economy on the route you're taking.

We really wanted a flight with no change of planes. AA which offers the direct flight does not have a true Premium Economy on the flight I wanted, just Preferred or Main Cabin Extra. We have actually previously sat in the Preferred seats we chose, which were 2 seats next to each other and very quiet with extra space.

Whether it's real Premium or bogus Premium the main reason I am interested is or the legroom.

I actually don't want extra recline unless there is more seat pitch because otherwise if the seat in front of me is fully back it is in my face. Was on one flight in standard economy and the seats reclined I huge amount. Got the domino effect from up person many rows ahead. Could not even get out of the seat because of the angle intrusion of the one in front.

Plus I'm only 6 feet tall but with the seat in front fully back sometimes the entertainment display is at a sufficient angle that the privacy screen filter (and how useless is that because everyone behind you can still see what you are watching) dims the display sufficiently that it's hard to watch.

I'm just as uncomfortable with a little tilt as I am with a lot of tilt. But give me legroom, that's all I ask.

Back on topic, ChucktownSteve I'm glad you added it to your booking now as LHT28 advised. More choice is always better.

There are few N.A. carriers that offer true P E

be careful what you are buying

as Buggins suggested look at the carrier's description of the seats they offer they usually have a picture of the seating on their website & the type of plane on the route

Watch out for all this new lingo that makes you think you are actually getting something extra when you are still just in Econ seats

JMO

We added the premium economy to our Nov/18 TA. It only applies to the overseas flight, not the flight upon return.

Correct. From what was said, it deals with the overseas flight segments. If you fly to Europe and fly back from Europe, then it's two flights. If you embark or disembark in the U.S. then it only applies to one flight.

I'd say price it on your own and compare it.

What airline were you on to Barcelona?

I find the USA version of PE (United is where I am most experienced) is really worth the relatively low fare increase because it "seems" less crowded and chaotic. Because they do not let "the masses" into the PE seats even if there is oversold conditions, you are more likely to have empty seat in the row or at least not a child kicking you or baby crying. Unless a walkup pays a big price -- they do not fill up the PE seats with ordinaries. Ordinaries often will not plop down an extra hundred or more to get the "better seat. Yes for me probably worth it. I have not yet moved up to BC -- about 3 times the price of economy and I just try to zone out and endure. I also have not found it worth paying almost 75% more than economy for the PE of European brands. The reviews that I have read on various consumer ratings (OK Trip Advisor, Expedia etc) it does not seem like it is worth much extra. Reading Seat Guru can tell you what the seat is like using measurements and also reviews.

I find the USA version of PE (United is where I am most experienced) is really worth the relatively low fare increase because it "seems" less crowded and chaotic. Because they do not let "the masses" into the PE seats even if there is oversold conditions, you are more likely to have empty seat in the row or at least not a child kicking you or baby crying. Unless a walkup pays a big price -- they do not fill up the PE seats with ordinaries. Ordinaries often will not plop down an extra hundred or more to get the "better seat. Yes for me probably worth it. I have not yet moved up to BC -- about 3 times the price of economy and I just try to zone out and endure. I also have not found it worth paying almost 75% more than economy for the PE of European brands. The reviews that I have read on various consumer ratings (OK Trip Advisor, Expedia etc) it does not seem like it is worth much extra. Reading Seat Guru can tell you what the seat is like using measurements and also reviews.

United does not have true PE.

I specifically stated US premium economy. Probably 2 to 3 inches in pitch and better chance at bin space. That’s about all you get for about 100$ US extra. My cheap self won’t go much better than that but I go about 10 times a year so that 2 inches is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are few N.A. carriers that offer true P E

be careful what you are buying

as Buggins suggested look at the carrier's description of the seats they offer they usually have a picture of the seating on their website & the type of plane on the route

Watch out for all this new lingo that makes you think you are actually getting something extra when you are still just in Econ seats

JMO

Air Canada has true Premium Economy on their 777`s. Extreme comfort and leg space