What to do in Tahiti Before We Board?

Richbutnot

We are taking the Marina cruise out of Tahiti at the end of February. Our plane lands at 0615 after 22 hours of travel time. We can't board the ship until 1300 and we're looking for suggestions on what to do to fill the time. Something that won't take a lot of energy and brain power since we will be jet lagged, yet will keep us awake.

Thanks

We are taking the Marina cruise out of Tahiti at the end of February. Our plane lands at 0615 after 22 hours of travel time. We can't board the ship until 1300 and we're looking for suggestions on what to do to fill the time. Something that won't take a lot of energy and brain power since we will be jet lagged, yet will keep us awake.

Thanks

Most people rent a Day Room at a local Resort, and lounge by the pool until it is time to board the ship.

Yes, get the day room. You will be blown out . That is why we come one or two days in advance. It is not a good thing. Also at the end, we get off the night before if the ship is going to overnight, so we can get the morning plane back and not have to cool our heels for a whole another night.

Thanks

It may be too late for you to change your air plans. But, this is one transit where you should never fly in on the same day of cruise embarkation.

That said, you could get a day pass at the Intercontinental. Anywhere from $60-$90 pp USD, depending of which restaurant's lunch you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It may be too late for you to change your air plans. But, this is one transit where you should never fly in on the same day of cruise embarkation.

That said, you could get a day pass at the Intercontinental. Anywhere from $60-$90 pp USD, depending of which restaurant's lunch you want.

I second this suggestion. It's a great resort

We stayed there for 4 days in a ocean bungalo

To answer my own question, we booked massages at the Intercontinental Spa for that morning. The concierge will allow us to store our luggage and use the facilities since we are booked there for one night before we leave.

To answer my own question, we booked massages at the Intercontinental Spa for that morning. The concierge will allow us to store our luggage and use the facilities since we are booked there for one night before we leave.

confused

If you are arriving the day of the cruise why would you be staying 1 night at a hotel?

confused

If you are arriving the day of the cruise why would you be staying 1 night at a hotel?

Sounds like they booked a night (before they arrive, in the early AM, instead of a day pass. That gets them a room as well as day use of the pool (even though they're arriving that morning of ship departure.

Sounds like they booked a night (before they arrive, in the early AM, instead of a day pass. That gets them a room as well as day use of the pool (even though they're arriving that morning of ship departure.

That is not how I read it. They booked a room for 1 night before they fly home - hence the courtesy of allowing to leave the baggage. Massage is booked on day of arrival without a stay.

That’s what it sounds like to me.

That is not how I read it. They booked a room for 1 night before they fly home - hence the courtesy of allowing to leave the baggage. Massage is booked on day of arrival without a stay.

That would make sense then

It was not clear to me when I read it at first

We have a winner! :D

My husband and I returned from a land trip to Moorea in October. I checked and quadruple checked the Intercontinental for day room rates. None. Nada. It would have cost several hundred dollars. What turned out better was paying for a day room at Hotel Tiare In downtown. Nothing fancy. But clean and about $126. Love the proximity to the Marche where we purchased several Tahitian pearls.

To Richbutnot and anyone else doing something from PPT...on our PPT-LAX cruise in May we were able to board at 10am! Our luggage arrived at 1pm. We were able to go play around in PPT (husband got a haircut), unpack and just enjoy the ambience of Sirena before a lot of others. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this, but it was pretty darn nice. Considered spending that day in Moorea via ferry but been to Moorea several times, and liked the idea of just settling in on the ship early and relaxing.