FTTF worth it?

georgiahiker

New Cruiser here and have a read a few posts regarding the FTTF. I just purchased for our cruise on Victory in March. I see that you have priority boarding behind Diamond and Platinum folks and it gives me a 12-1 time even before I picked a time? I am assuming I need to arrive at the time on the ticket and secondly, are there other benefits? Impulse purchase this morning...

Thanks,

Nick

New Cruiser here and have a read a few posts regarding the FTTF. I just purchased for our cruise on Victory in March. I see that you have priority boarding behind Diamond and Platinum folks and it gives me a 12-1 time even before I picked a time? I am assuming I need to arrive at the time on the ticket and secondly, are there other benefits? Impulse purchase this morning...

Thanks,

Nick

You can arrive as early as you like.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Haven't used it yet (I have it for my first cruise coming up on new years) but I mostly bought it for the priority debarkation as I need to get off that ship and to Disney for my fastpasses ASAP upon return. Also, I'm thinking the short guest services line may end up being a big perk if I need it. Of course, I am also the person who pays the Southwest upcharge to get a better boarding position.

After having it this past week, I think it falls into the category of insurance. It's insurance worth it? We'll surely when you need it it does. And clearly FTTF is worth it when you need it, and even though we only used it for priority boarding and will use it for priority disembarkation this time, it was nice knowing that if we really needed the other benefits that they were available to us.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Somebody can correct me, but I believe those carrying their own bags debark first, regardless of whether they have FTTF. If those with FTTF don’t want to carry their bags off, they get priority of early or late debarkation.

Carnival website

Debarkation Choices

When it’s time to say good bye, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests and guests traveling in deluxe suite accommodations.

The disembarkation talk Rev Dr E provided this morning indicated that there is even priority WITHIN self-disembarkation, with platinum, diamond and FTTF getting to leave prior to other self-disembarking passengers.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

The disembarkation talk Rev Dr E provided this morning indicated that there is even priority WITHIN self-disembarkation, with platinum, diamond and FTTF getting to leave prior to other self-disembarking passengers.

...interesting- I did not know that. Typically I’m not in that big of a hurry but it’s nice to know it’s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks,

Nick[/quote

12-1 time is for CHECK-IN ONLY, meaning when you are allowed into the terminal to check-in. Boarding comes later.

IMHO, I would arrive slightly later (especially the weather is bad), so that you can walk right in, past all the others waiting outside in line for their allotted times.

12-1 time is for CHECK-IN ONLY, meaning when you are allowed into the terminal to check-in. Boarding comes later.

IMHO, I would arrive slightly later (especially the weather is bad), so that you can walk right in, past all the others waiting outside in line for their allotted times.

EXCEPT that the OP has already stated that they purchased FTTF. Although they will be assigned a check-in time, they can arrive at any time (well, 8 am might be a bit early :) ) and bypass all the people waiting outside for their allotted times. Just stroll inside past the sweating masses (like it was for us in Miami a month ago) and get on the ship and to your stateroom nice and early.

OP, after having it on all seven of my Carnival cruises, my personal feeling is that FTTF is worth the price. If you have a tender port and want to get ashore quickly, it becomes even more of a no-brainer since you get priority tender service.

While you might not NEED to go to Guest Services, if you DO have to, FTTF could easily save you an hour or more waiting in line. It's been our experience on a few cruises. As someone else pointed out, it almost acts like an insurance policy...if needed, the benefits are available to you, and everyone in your stateroom.

Yes, this is true. With self-disembarkation, they have different groups just like they have when people board the ship. The only exception that I have seen is that a person who has an early flight can take their flight information to guest services and be put in a special group to exit the ship very early. They will be able to exit even before FTTF people. At least that was the way it was on one of my Carnival cruises. I do not know if it varies ship to ship.

FTTF is definitely worth it to our family. We can board early and then take our carry-ons directly to our room. I don't mind paying to skip lines and I have skipped some very long lines with FTTF.

I'm cruising in March 2018 and decided not to purchase FTTF. Here are some reasons why:

1. There are 5 of us, so 5x the cost.

2. None of our ports require tendering. Thus, per my understanding, there is no real benefit with FTTF.

Side note: FTTF is sold out for my cruise. I'm wondering what I'm missing.

I'm cruising in March 2018 and decided not to purchase FTTF. Here are some reasons why:

2. None of our ports require tendering. Thus, per my understanding, there is no real benefit with FTTF.

FTTF is per cabin, you do not pay per person.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Your reasons are flawed but thanks for perpetuating misunderstanding to detract people so others who clearly want it (as expressed here) have a better chance of getting it.

can you add it and then change your mind? i would like to get it for my cabin and connecting teen's cabin but my inlaws will not have it. I want it to literally be FTTF, and HMC tender. the CS line is bonus- in case you need it .

help seasoned carnvial cruisers. is this possible?

can you add it and then change your mind? i would like to get it for my cabin and connecting teen's cabin but my inlaws will not have it. I want it to literally be FTTF, and HMC tender. the CS line is bonus- in case you need it .

Yes, you can buy it now while it’s still available and cancel later. Keep checking to see if another one opens up for your in laws.

We were first time Carnival cruisers and we purchased it. We always like fairly affordable ways of making us feel special when we travel and this did it. Boarding early was great - the ship seemed very empty for a while after we got on. Being able to go straight to the cabins to drop off our carry one was amazing. We've cruised other lines and I always hated lugging them around for several hours while exploring the ship or trying to grab lunch the first day. I like to get unpacked and settled early and with priority luggage I was able to get us all unpacked before the muster drill rather than waiting and wondering if I'd have my luggage before dinner or be unpacking late that night. The best part for us was the priority guest services line. We were always able to be waited on right away even when the regular line was long. I didn't think we'd really need that benefit, since I don't remember ever using a guest services line more than once on a cruise, but we had 3 very young adults with us (19, 21 and 21) and we found ourselves at guest services more often this time. In fact we weren't in our cabin more than 15 minutes that first day when one of them lost his S&S card. Didn't have any tender ports, so I can't weigh in on that.

To me FTTF was money very wisely spent. Many think it's a waste of money because none of that matters to them. It's all up to you. We all have our own ways of saving and wasting money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by E&B

Yes. It's treated like an excursion as far as how you book it. It can be dropped at any time up until I think the day or two before sailing, but don't quote me on that. But, if you're going to cancel it make sure you're 100% sure of your decision. There are only so many sold for each cruise and people are waiting to snap your spot up if you cancel. Chances are you won't be able to get it back before sailing if you change your mind.

We don't bother with paying for FTTF because .....

***We have the earliest check-in time at the port so it won't be all that long after the FTTF folks board before we do.

***We use a small rolling carry-on/tote bag when boarding so having it around is not a problem while we grab some lunch and a cocktail which pleasantly fills the time between boarding and when the cabins are ready.

***We don't go swimming or anything else that requires a cabin until after 1:30.

***We only tender at Belize so priority disembarking at ports of call isn't a big deal.

***Upon arrival at the home port getting off in a big hurry holds no allure to us as we drive and only go 1/2 way the first day anyway.

FTTF isn't a bad thing for those that want it's perks but we find it an unnecessary expense.:)

We were first time Carnival cruisers and we purchased it. We always like fairly affordable ways of making us feel special when we travel and this did it. Boarding early was great - the ship seemed very empty for a while after we got on. Being able to go straight to the cabins to drop off our carry one was amazing. We've cruised other lines and I always hated lugging them around for several hours while exploring the ship or trying to grab lunch the first day. I like to get unpacked and settled early and with priority luggage I was able to get us all unpacked before the muster drill rather than waiting and wondering if I'd have my luggage before dinner or be unpacking late that night. The best part for us was the priority guest services line. We were always able to be waited on right away even when the regular line was long. I didn't think we'd really need that benefit, since I don't remember ever using a guest services line more than once on a cruise, but we had 3 very young adults with us (19, 21 and 21) and we found ourselves at guest services more often this time. In fact we weren't in our cabin more than 15 minutes that first day when one of them lost his S&S card. Didn't have any tender ports, so I can't weigh in on that.

To me FTTF was money very wisely spent. Many think it's a waste of money because none of that matters to them. It's all up to you. We all have our own ways of saving and wasting money.

Agree with this post, excellent perspective and description. If the stuff FTTF gets you matters to you, and you have the money lying around in a piggy bank somewhere, do it. If it sounds like a waste of your hard earned scratch, run the other way, because it is.