Kids club

mrssolution

We received a phone for the kids club to call us during the cruise when our daughter was 3, but since then we haven’t. She’s six now, and we just drop her off and come back to check on her every hour or so. Sometimes she’s ready to leave, other times she begging to stay a while longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You have a pager for younger ones(2-5yr) but at those ages, you need to return to check on the kiddos. IF they ever want to see you again, I will be surprised. I have been to check on mine at various ages and while in line, have heard other kids saying to their parents, "Why did you bother me? I was having fun". Kids that were worried about staying are often the ones that don't ever want to leave, make friends and want to do the night owl parties.

Also 6-8yr olds and 9-11 are grouped together.

My son went to camp from aged 4 through 12. He never wanted to leave. We would drop him off at 10 and come back at midnight, he would beg to stay for night owls. That said I think you have to come back to see if they want to leave. I thought they only gave the pager for emergencies or if the child was not doing well in camp. They do not allow them to check themselves out until 11 years old and you have to consent for them to have that privilege. We have never gotten a pager or a phone but I heard about them being available. I loved the option to have the kids playing and having a good time while we had adult time. Best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The camp will allow them to call the room to reach you if they want & you happen to be there. Otherwise, you have to check in on them. My daughter is 12 now & just leaves on her own but when she was younger & couldnt, I just checked in every couple hours. Not once did she ever want to leave. My son is 8 & I've always had a phone for him as a special request because he has some mild special needs. It came in handy his first cruise at 6 because he needed the comfort of being able to reach me every now & then. Our August cruise, at 8, he only used it to call to tell me to NOT pick him up until later. The counselors are great & the kids do tend to love being there.