Aurea on Musica

free from work

We are looking at a repositioning cruise on Musica and considering an Aurea balcony on deck 12. We just have a couple of questions we hope someone can answer.

Is there much noise from deck 13 i.e. sunbed moving etc.

Are there plenty of sun beds on the private sun deck and are they more comfortable/adjustable than the usual ones?

We are thinking of booking a cain on the port side of the ship, which one wold you choose?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

HI Jim, Aurea is a great way to spend a cruise if you can't get Yacht Club. We have travelled this way 3 times and going for our 4th in November. We have never had a problem with the sun deck and they have those nice large cabanna type beds for two. The sun beds have extra cushioning and are comfortable. The towels are extra large and fluffy and the service is great. The only problem I have had in the past is there is no hot tub on deck in the Musica class ships. The advantage of deck 12 as opposed to deck 14 balcony cabins are they are larger and you have a sofa (deck 14 is a chair and smaller). You will hear some noise from pool deck although it doesnt bother me because I am an early riser and I am always looking for early birds brekky. I like port side but there will be some ports where the captain turns the ship before parking up. Which cabin you choose is up to your own likes - I prefer to be nearer the middle. The buffet for early birds coffee is at theback and the spa for your massage is at the front. ;)

HI Jim, Aurea is a great way to spend a cruise if you can't get Yacht Club. We have travelled this way 3 times and going for our 4th in November. We have never had a problem with the sun deck and they have those nice large cabanna type beds for two. The sun beds have extra cushioning and are comfortable. The towels are extra large and fluffy and the service is great. The only problem I have had in the past is there is no hot tub on deck in the Musica class ships. The advantage of deck 12 as opposed to deck 14 balcony cabins are they are larger and you have a sofa (deck 14 is a chair and smaller). You will hear some noise from pool deck although it doesnt bother me because I am an early riser and I am always looking for early birds brekky. I like port side but there will be some ports where the captain turns the ship before parking up. Which cabin you choose is up to your own likes - I prefer to be nearer the middle. The buffet for early birds coffee is at theback and the spa for your massage is at the front. ;)

Thanks for the information. The noise won't be too much of a problem but the sun beds and towels could be a deal breaker as we find the regular beds particularly uncomfortable.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Also interested in this question. We cruised in an Aurea cabin on the Fantasia last year. Loved the large hot-tub and the big, round beds on the Top 18 sundeck - which I know do not exist on the Musica. Are you certain that the sunbeds "have extra cushioning and are comfortable" ?? I've been scouring photos and have only seen the normal sunbeds. I'm ready to book for next Easter and need to decide between Aurea and Fantastica experiences. The sunbeds are what will tip me one way or another! Don't want the possibility of noise from the pool area above if I can't have a comfy sunbed :D Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

We are looking at a repositioning cruise on Musica and considering an Aurea balcony on deck 12. We just have a couple of questions we hope someone can answer.

Is there much noise from deck 13 i.e. sunbed moving etc.

Are there plenty of sun beds on the private sun deck and are they more comfortable/adjustable than the usual ones?

We are thinking of booking a cain on the port side of the ship, which one wold you choose?

Thanks in advance.

Jim

The sunbeds on Orchestra's TOP 16 sundeck were much nicer than the standard sunbeds. There were plenty of them available. #

One little touch that was very nice was the complimentary fresh fruit kebabs that were handed out by the deckhands who supervised the deck area, controlling access and that sort of thing

STANDARD SUNBEDS

sunbeds%201.jpg

TOP 16 sundeck sunbeds

The "pods" are brilliant as they have a mattress inside which makes them very comfortable

sunbeds%202.jpg

In answer to which side of the ship to sail on

If you want sun on your balcony then you need to be on the port side when sailing from Europe to USA

and starboard when going USA to Europe.

We had a deck 12 cabin, 12062, and had no noise problems from deck 13

Pete

The sunbeds on Orchestra's TOP 16 sundeck were much nicer than the standard sunbeds. There were plenty of them available. #

One little touch that was very nice was the complimentary fresh fruit kebabs that were handed out by the deckhands who supervised the deck area, controlling access and that sort of thing

STANDARD SUNBEDS

sunbeds%201.jpg

TOP 16 sundeck sunbeds

The "pods" are brilliant as they have a mattress inside which makes them very comfortable

sunbeds%202.jpg

In answer to which side of the ship to sail on

If you want sun on your balcony then you need to be on the port side when sailing from Europe to USA

and starboard when going USA to Europe.

We had a deck 12 cabin, 12062, and had no noise problems from deck 13

Pete

Thanks for the information and photos Pete. The sun beds and pods look significantly more comfortable than the standard offering.

We have selected a port side cabin on deck 12 virtually opposite the one you had for our Capetown to Venice cruise so that we get the afternoon/evening sun so all should be fine.

Jim

The pods on the private sundeck on Sinfonia were an extra charge. IIRC it was €10 per day for the use of one. I never did see anybody using them!

Are you thinking of the use of the sundeck by guests, other than Aurea, who have to pay, the charges are shown in the image below

Aurea guests could use the pods without any extra charge

P1050641.jpg

pete

Nope! We were in an Aurea suite and were told that there was a charge for the pods. I really can't remember for sure what the cost was quoted. I just have a vague recollection of €10 being mentioned. To be honest, I wasn't terribly interested in using one and was just chatting to the drinks server who we knew from other venues and asked out of curiosity because they weren't being used by anybody. But I was certainly even less interested when told there was a charge. Had there not been, I may have been tempted to try one out. Maybe we were given incorrect information?