RCCL transfers from Galveston to hobby or bush airports

Motorman23

Well I have some worries and need some advice from folks who fly to Galveston for cruises. My wife and I recently retired and wanted to tour Texas a bit and decided to work a cruise in because the prices look good and we never left from Galveston before. So anyway, we plan to fly to Dallas and tour ft worth, Waco, Austin and points in between and use a rental car for a week. Looking at rental cars it appears that taxes and fees in Texas will double the cost of our rental if we drop the car off at enterprise in Galveston. Other rental companies require drop offs at the Houston airports to reduce the cost a bit but still lots of taxes and fees. Anyway we will figure out how to get to the port either by taxi from enterprise or cruise shuttle from the airport. If we use the cruise shuttle from the port to either airport how early can we book our post cruise flights? Is 2:30 ok or can we try 1pm? Looking for input on my options, seems like cruising out of Galveston has a lot of issues to work out for transportation but I'm willing to give it a try.

Mine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

we are flying to Houston, renting a car, staying the Park Inn, a few miles away, then driving back to the airport and meeting RCI Shuttle at 10 and going to the port, about $50 per person, round trip so we have a ride after the cruise too.

• 2 months later...
we are flying to Houston, renting a car, staying the Park Inn, a few miles away, then driving back to the airport and meeting RCI Shuttle at 10 and going to the port, about $50 per person, round trip so we have a ride after the cruise too.

Get your RCCI shuttle at terminal "C" . Most rental cars are dropped off building on JFK blvd on way into airport. Rental car shuttle will take you to terminal buildings and get off at "C". Plan on being at "C" about 10am. Bus will leave between 1015 and 1115

We are flying in 2 days before our cruise. Once at Hobby we are taking a shuttle right to our hotel, from there we will rent a car from Enterprise in Galveston. On the day of the cruise we will take the car back then go to the ship. After the cruise we have a shuttle to take us back to the airport. I checked into booking a car at Hobby then dropping it off near the port, they wanted a $150.00 drop of fee, that's why we did what I wrote.