Royal Babies & Tots Cruise planner - Anthem

Megdgr8

• 2 weeks later...
When we went in September, there wasn't a cruise planner for this. They just had open hours until midnight and you had to sign up for time blocks. I can answer any questions, though!

when we were on another RC ship, we could borrow bags of toys, do you know if this is available on the Anthem? it was nice, not having to bring toys with us

when we were on another RC ship, we could borrow bags of toys, do you know if this is available on the Anthem? it was nice, not having to bring toys with us

It was available but we never did. We honestly forgot. Ours was happy on Anthem with exploring/running around, his time in the nursery, and the open play area next to the nursery (btw he was just shy of 3 on our last cruise).

It was available but we never did. We honestly forgot. Ours was happy on Anthem with exploring/running around, his time in the nursery, and the open play area next to the nursery (btw he was just shy of 3 on our last cruise).

Thank you for coming back with your experience!

So there is a play area for general use next to the nursery? That's great!

I know that they only let you book a max of 16 hrs at embarkation. Did you find that it was hard to get spots? In the morning or the evening?

Thank you for coming back with your experience!

So there is a play area for general use next to the nursery? That's great!

I know that they only let you book a max of 16 hrs at embarkation. Did you find that it was hard to get spots? In the morning or the evening?

There weren’t s lot of kids on board that we could tell. We were only allowed to book the max number of hours the first night but had 0 issues booking any and all hours that we wanted! We pretty much put him in there every night from like 6/7-11/12. He did NOT want to be in the dining room with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There weren’t s lot of kids on board that we could tell. We were only allowed to book the max number of hours the first night but had 0 issues booking any and all hours that we wanted! We pretty much put him in there every night from like 6/7-11/12. He did NOT want to be in the dining room with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow, those are late hours! How did you handle the bedtime transfer, having to travel multiple floors and all? Our little guy still goes to bed between 7pm and 8pm, so putting him to bed in the nursery and then transferring him to bed in the room would likely be to difficult for me to attempt. We are, however, interested in having a few hours each morning so that my husband and I can go to the gym, shower, and have breakfast, and maybe 2 hours in the evening for early dinner.

Do they feed the children in the nursery? I just don't know the logistics of all this. When do they choose to feed the kids, and where do they do it? Would we need to make sure that he has eaten before he gets there? The RC website is really abysmal at answering all these important questions!

Is this offered on all RC ships? We will be on Allure and have an 8 month old grandson.

Most! Allure is newer so yes!

• At our colorful Royal Babies & TotsSM Nursery, littlest guests (ages 6-36 months) are cared for by trained professionals while enjoying specially designed programs. Daytime and evening drop-off is offered; hourly fee of $6 in the daytime and $8 during the evening applies. (Nursery drop off not available on: Empress, Majesty, Jewel, Adventure, Explorer or Voyager of the Seas.)

Wow, those are late hours! How did you handle the bedtime transfer, having to travel multiple floors and all? Our little guy still goes to bed between 7pm and 8pm, so putting him to bed in the nursery and then transferring him to bed in the room would likely be to difficult for me to attempt. We are, however, interested in having a few hours each morning so that my husband and I can go to the gym, shower, and have breakfast, and maybe 2 hours in the evening for early dinner.

Do they feed the children in the nursery? I just don't know the logistics of all this. When do they choose to feed the kids, and where do they do it? Would we need to make sure that he has eaten before he gets there? The RC website is really abysmal at answering all these important questions!

We are not on a schedule. Sometimes he was asleep, sometimes he was awake. We had a stroller and put him in that or carried him if he was asleep. He generally conked right back out. We booked our stateroom on the same deck, same side, so it was a non-issue as far as travel. But yes, bring a stroller for transfer. FYI - they have cribs and cots in a separate quiet room from the play room.

As far as food, they do not feel B/L/D like they do in the older groups. They have milk, juice, and water. Plus some small snacks like crackers. If you want anything else, bring it for them. No peanuts from what I can remember! Feed before or after.

We are not on a schedule. Sometimes he was asleep, sometimes he was awake. We had a stroller and put him in that or carried him if he was asleep. He generally conked right back out. We booked our stateroom on the same deck, same side, so it was a non-issue as far as travel. But yes, bring a stroller for transfer. FYI - they have cribs and cots in a separate quiet room from the play room.

As far as food, they do not feel B/L/D like they do in the older groups. They have milk, juice, and water. Plus some small snacks like crackers. If you want anything else, bring it for them. No peanuts from what I can remember! Feed before or after.

Thank you for the useful info! So appreciative! I'm surprised that they don't feed the babies. They advertise that you could leave your baby on board while doing an off ship excursion, but I couldn't imagine leaving my son longer than 2 or so hours during the day with no meal! I guess we will have to arrange our schedule around feeding times.

Thank you for the useful info! So appreciative! I'm surprised that they don't feed the babies. They advertise that you could leave your baby on board while doing an off ship excursion, but I couldn't imagine leaving my son longer than 2 or so hours during the day with no meal! I guess we will have to arrange our schedule around feeding times.

At 18 months, I think my kids were getting 3 meals and a snack.

At 18 months, I think my kids were getting 3 meals and a snack.

My son is currently 13 months and eats 3 (small) meals and 2 snacks a day, with a bottle/sippy of milk morning and evening. By 19 months he may or may not be off the separate sippys, but he would still need to eat during the day. If they do not provide meals at the nursery, that means that we will need to bring him fed (so say only after 8am), and come get him so that he does not miss meal time for lunch or dinner. Not really a problem, as we not planned on using the nursery for 3 hours on those days we wanted to visit the gym, but will just take a bit more planning on our part is all. And I still do not see how they advertise leaving your child with them all day, when they will not feed your child during that time. I can see this not being a problem with infants that are on milk or bottles only. But toddlers eat meals. Oh well. Still glad they have this and the play space available!!