Cigarettes for sale on board?

galeforce9

Contentious question but I'm not the smoker. Question on behalf of a newbie and yes we're well aware of the impending change in policy so please no references...

Are cigarettes for sale on board for day to day use and if so, do you know if John player special or super kings sold? My father doesn't know whether to bring some from home.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Contentious question but I'm not the smoker. Question on behalf of a newbie and yes we're well aware of the impending change in policy so please no references...

Are cigarettes for sale on board for day to day use and if so, do you know if John player special or super kings sold? My father doesn't know whether to bring some from home.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I saw other people purchasing cigarettes on board IIRC they were mostly (or only?) Marlboro/Marlboro light (at least at the bars when a crew member opened a cabinet to pull them out).

• 1 year later...

Mrlboro lights from the club bar or the Patio bar, also possibly B & H - not a smoker but sailed with friends who were - no cartons in the shop.

Or simply buy some packets or cartons when going ashore, there are sometimes duty free outlets in ports, and local prices in many places less expensive than UK.

I seem to remember that many many years ago on a small all inclusive ship (Radisson Song of Flower) cigarettes were available completely free - not I think by the packet, but you could pick them out of some sort of container, in the bars. I guess (and hope) that those days are over?

• 2 weeks later...
I seem to remember that many many years ago on a small all inclusive ship (Radisson Song of Flower) cigarettes were available completely free - not I think by the packet, but you could pick them out of some sort of container, in the bars. I guess (and hope) that those days are over?

If they did still give out free cigarettes, they would probably be sued for causing lung cancer and heart disease along with other deadly afflictions.