Aboard Musica Now...ask away!

Agocruisin

Have a great trip, we my family and I (4 of us). will be on the Musica out of Venice on 22 April 2018. Looking forward to hearing about your trip. I hope to see more of the Daily Planner and Menus. I have looked and looked for and found nothing. The Daily Planner should provide a lot of information. Anyway enjoy your trip.

A few questions. Is there a clothes line in the shower? Self Laundry onboard? What are the hours of the buffet? A good choice of food? No dress code at buffet? What do you think the demographics are? Mostly older? Languages onboard? Mostly english? Do they have trivia? How is that run and in what language? What type of stateroom do you have? How is it? Do the cabins have refrigerators? Thanks for any information. If it is too much, that is okay. I have run into the same problem, no information. Have a great cruise. I can't wait to hear about it.

Following this thread - will be on it in May 2018!

Would like to see daily planners and/or kid's club planner as well. Our daughter will be in the 7-11 year old group.

Did you overnight in Venice?

Did you fly into Marco Polo airport? If yes, then how long did it take you to get out of the airport? Did you take the bus, train or water taxi to Venice from the airport?

Thanks for posting and enjoy your cruise. Like you I’ve found very little information about this ship on CC and we have booked our first cruise(Grand Voyage) on MSC Musica sailing on 12 November 2017 from Venice to Rio de Janeiro.

A lot has been posted about drink prices on other ships but I’m not sure if these are fleet wide so if you get chance can you post photos of the drink prices and the drink packages in particular:-

a) All Inclusive Deluxe Drink Package &

b) All Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package.

Both of the above are available to be pre-paid and I would like to compare before I commit myself.

Thanks again.

I can answer some of these:

A few questions. Is there a clothes line in the shower? Yes.

Self Laundry onboard? No - MSC only provides laundry services.

What are the hours of the buffet?

A good choice of food?

No dress code at buffet? Here's a link for the suggested dress code. It outlines what's not acceptable:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53212942&postcount=8

What do you think the demographics are? Mostly older?

Languages onboard? Mostly English? There will be English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, German and others onboard. Language has never been a problem for us onboard 16 MSC cruises. Announcements are few and made in the various languages of those onboard and theatre shows tend to more visual due to the mix of nationalities. Music/songs in the lounges tend to be mainly English - well-known tunes. Bingo is called in a number of languages too. Trivia, too, when it's on.

Do they have trivia?

How is that run and in what language? See above answer.

What type of stateroom do you have? How is it?

Do the cabins have refrigerators? Yes

Thanks for any information. If it is too much, that is okay. I have run into the same problem, no information. Have a great cruise. I can't wait to hear about it.

A few questions. Is there a clothes line in the shower? Self Laundry onboard? What are the hours of the buffet? A good choice of food? No dress code at buffet? What do you think the demographics are? Mostly older? Languages onboard? Mostly english? Do they have trivia? How is that run and in what language? What type of stateroom do you have? How is it? Do the cabins have refrigerators? Thanks for any information. If it is too much, that is okay. I have run into the same problem, no information. Have a great cruise. I can't wait to hear about it.

Clothes line, YES

Self laundry NO , you can pay something like 20 euros for them to launder 20 items. We brought soap and I'm doing sink laundry

Buffet 7-11:30, 11:30-4:00, Not sure at night

English is first language but they translate at least 4 other languages

Trivia, im don't know

We have a balcony, it's great. Decor more subdued but comparable to carnival or Norwegian

Fridge, a mini bar yes and a bit of rom to lay your own stuff

And...you need to pay your water. Buy a water package!

Fridge, a mini bar yes and a bit of rom to lay your own stuff

You can empty the mini-bar to make space. Just let your steward know that you're storing the items elsewhere 'til the end of the cruise, then put them back in on the last evening.

Following this thread - will be on it in May 2018!

Would like to see daily planners and/or kid's club planner as well. Our daughter will be in the 7-11 year old group.

I'll try and post planners when I get home, though I won't have the kids one, our daughter is a teenager and hangs with us.

Did you overnight in Venice? We stayed over in Murano- I highly recommend it. Got an airbnb. So much better than bustling Venice.

Did you fly into Marco Polo airport? If yes, then how long did it take you to get out of the airport? Did you take the bus, train or water taxi to Venice from the airport?

yes. We took an alilaguna boat to Murano but you can take them anywhere to Venice. It's slow and hot. Took about 45 minutes ride, maybe Ann hour from deplaning to the boat launch.

Thanks for posting and enjoy your cruise. Like you I’ve found very little information about this ship on CC and we have booked our first cruise(Grand Voyage) on MSC Musica sailing on 12 November 2017 from Venice to Rio de Janeiro.

A lot has been posted about drink prices on other ships but I’m not sure if these are fleet wide so if you get chance can you post photos of the drink prices and the drink packages in particular:-

a) All Inclusive Deluxe Drink Package & 50 euros per adult per day

b) All Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package. Mealtime 16.5 euros per day

Both of the above are available to be pre-paid and I would like to compare before I commit myself.

Thanks again.

Though...I think drink prices change depending on destination.

a) All Inclusive Deluxe Drink Package &

b) All Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package.

The price, if you prepay, will depend on the country you're from. You may be quoted a Sterling price if in the UK or a dollar price if in the US.

If the currency onboard is Euros, the deluxe package will cost €50 pppd and the R&B will be €26 pppd plus 15% service charge if booked onboard.

Here's a link to the brochure for 2017/18 from the Ireland website - pages 154/5 show the prices in Euros:

http://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

Here's a link to the brochure for 2017/18 from the UK website - pages 170/1 show the Sterling prices:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Brochures/Our-Brochures.aspx

You will note that there are 2 different price listings for Grand Voyages in both brochures. MSC used to state that GV cruises beginning in Europe had Euros as the onboard currency and those coming back to Europe had USD as onboard currency (this is generally speaking). From the brochures' tables, it cannot be determined which prices apply to which Grand Voyages. :rolleyes: This info may appear in the small print at the back of the brochures: if you're of a mind to trawl through it!

The more expensive of the 2 listings applies to cruises where the currency onboard is in USD.

They also used to have an accessible page on the websites for information on drinks prices. That facility has been removed and you now need to log in and go to "My Bookings" to find the prices for your particular cruise.

Edited by Beamafar

Can you find out what the asterisk against the prices for bottles of wine on the bar menus denotes, please? There should be some reference printed somewhere on the menus explaining the purpose of the asterisk.

Hello Bea,

Thanks for the information. I am from the UK so the price is in pounds.

I have checked the my booking section and the rate for the deluxe package is £31 per night and the other package is £16 per night. Brochure price for the deluxe is £39 so that is a good saving on a 21 night cruise. No classic package is offered.

It looks like the currency is euro so would I be correct in assuming that the onboard prices are as shown in your other thread about Meraviglia.

yes. We took an alilaguna boat to Murano but you can take them anywhere to Venice. It's slow and hot. Took about 45 minutes ride, maybe Ann hour from deplaning to the boat launch.

Would you take the alilaguna boat again? Or opt for a different way to get to the port?

Which port does Musica dock at?

We are on Musica at the end of September and have not found much info either so this thread will be very useful.

Now some questions:

What experience are you on?

Where is your cabin?

Also what was the embarkation like?

You might be sorry you started this thread!!

Enjoy your cruise and keep us updated as long as it does not interfere with your enjoyment.

Hello Bea,

Thanks for the information. I am from the UK so the price is in pounds.

I have checked the my booking section and the rate for the deluxe package is £31 per night and the other package is £16 per night. Brochure price for the deluxe is £39 so that is a good saving on a 21 night cruise. No classic package is offered.

It looks like the currency is euro so would I be correct in assuming that the onboard prices are as shown in your other thread about Meraviglia.

Yes - though some of the drinks on your cruise may vary from those offered on mine. From my experience of Grand Voyages, the stock gets low as the ship is not stocked on leaving Italy because it has to be cleared when it reaches its destination and re-stocked with provisions from the new territory it will spend the following season in.

If you prepay, you'll pay in Sterling and those prices are a steal! If you wait 'til onboard, you'll pay the Euro prices of €26 (R&B) or €50 (deluxe). Then add 15%! The deluxe @ £31 prepaid is only approx €35 at today's rates - quite a saving on the €57.50 (€50 + 15%). Who knows what the exchange rate will be if you wait 'til onboard and your Sterling gets you even less!

'Classic' term refers to the US equivalent of the all-inclusive Restaurant & Bar drinks package for sailings from US ports and the Caribbean! (Until recently R&B was known as Allegrissimo and Classic was known as More-for-Less).

If you're flexible with your drink choices there shouldn't be a problem.

Some people get hung up because a ship runs out of lemons for their G&Ts. Or the classic "There was no mint onboard! :eek: I couldn't get my mojitos as a result! :eek: :eek: " Get over it, already!

Thanks for the answers! Pay for water? Do they not have free water in buffet? Interesting? Do you mean bottled water? Thanks

I think those who book in the US get vouchers for water.

Tea, coffee and water are all available 24/7 in the buffet. Juices @ breakfast time only.