Pearl Harbor Tours

Chuckles2017

My husband and I are making our first trip to Hawaii next month and are having trouble securing tickets to visit Pearl Harbor. We cruise November 11-18 and were hoping to make the PH visit on 11/18 before flying back home to Texas. Any suggestions? We have tried recreation.gov but no luck.

One thing that you have to be aware of is that only a portion of the tickets are available ahead of time. They always reserve some tickets for people to get on the day. If you can't make an advance booking - arrive EARLY on the day you want to go. You may not get the exact time that you want but you will be able to get tickets.

You have a limited time but hopefully it will work out. As indicated on the .gov website there are 1300 "walk in" tickets made available every morning. In addition, at 7:00 a.m. each morning there are some tickets made available for the next day. If you are unable to secure tickets the day before, as has been recommended, go to PH as soon as you get off the ship and hopefully secure a ticket for the day. If you flight home is not until late don't worry about getting an early ticket, the last tours of the day are wonderful. The crowds have gone home and PH is very peaceful. Cherie

One thing that you have to be aware of is that only a portion of the tickets are available ahead of time. They always reserve some tickets for people to get on the day. If you can't make an advance booking - arrive EARLY on the day you want to go. You may not get the exact time that you want but you will be able to get tickets.

Thanks for the info.

You have a limited time but hopefully it will work out. As indicated on the .gov website there are 1300 "walk in" tickets made available every morning. In addition, at 7:00 a.m. each morning there are some tickets made available for the next day. If you are unable to secure tickets the day before, as has been recommended, go to PH as soon as you get off the ship and hopefully secure a ticket for the day. If you flight home is not until late don't worry about getting an early ticket, the last tours of the day are wonderful. The crowds have gone home and PH is very peaceful. Cherie

Thanks for the info.....it's nice to know that we should be able to tour even if it's later in the day. We don't fly back to Texas until that evening.

You can get to Pearl Harbor on the city bus ($5 bus pass). I advise you to go ASAP and when you get to Pearl Harbor go to the desk and get your free boat ticket. Then check out the excellent museum while you wait for your boat. Also no bags are allowed but you can check them for a couple of $$$. You do not need a pricey tour to go to Pearl Harbor. There are also 3 other attractions that are privately operated and you must pay for them. The WWII submarine , the Mighty Mo Battleship and the Pacific Aviation Museum - called one of the top aviation musuems in the US. And they have a great café to get lunch.

You can get to Pearl Harbor on the city bus ($5 bus pass). I advise you to go ASAP and when you get to Pearl Harbor go to the desk and get your free boat ticket. Then check out the excellent museum while you wait for your boat. Also no bags are allowed but you can check them for a couple of $$$. You do not need a pricey tour to go to Pearl Harbor. There are also 3 other attractions that are privately operated and you must pay for them. The WWII submarine , the Mighty Mo Battleship and the Pacific Aviation Museum - called one of the top aviation musuems in the US. And they have a great café to get lunch.

I'd like to print the bus routes can you advise where I'd find that? Sounds like a great idea, compared to Cruiseship excursion prices. I've also noticed your information is always very succinct and clear, thanks for that.

Like you, I had no luck getting the advance tickets to Pearl Harbor online. But, I went on recreation.gov the day before I wanted to visit, and I had 3 different time options. So, if you have internet on the day before you want to visit - try that! Then, if that doesn't work, like others have said, be there at 7:00 a.m. the day you want to visit.

Edited by wrcjr98
spelling

Like you, I had no luck getting the advance tickets to Pearl Harbor online. But, I went on recreation.gov the day before I wanted to visit, and I had 3 different time options. So, if you have internet on the day before you want to visit - try that! Then, if that doesn't work, like others have said, be there at 7:00 a.m. the day you want to visit.

This is good news that you were successful the day before. Can you share with us what time you accessed the .gov site? Was it at 7:00 a.m. or later in the day? Thank you, Cherie

Question? Both my sister & brother-in-law were in the Marines. They have been inactive for over 20 years, but on other ships they get on free. The Mid-Way last year, them and my husband (law enforcement) were admitted free I was the only one to pay. Other than the Arizona (which we have done) I see a tour packages for 35.00 pp. Would they pay for these? They include a ferry to a battle ship, the sub, and one other ferry trip to an island we can't visit as only military is allowed (at least when I was looking at tours). I would just book the 4 of us for everything but if they are free maybe one of them should book?

This is good news that you were successful the day before. Can you share with us what time you accessed the .gov site? Was it at 7:00 a.m. or later in the day? Thank you, Cherie

Hi Cherie -

No, it was later in the day actually - it was around mid-afternoon, 2 or 3 o'clock or so...

Good Luck!!

Hi Cherie -

No, it was later in the day actually - it was around mid-afternoon, 2 or 3 o'clock or so...

Good Luck!!

Thank you!!! It's good to know that tickets may be available even if we aren't able to call at 7am. I'm sure each day is different but your success is good news. Cherie