Best Time to Book Canaletto ?

Tiggipaws

Hello

I have already booked the Tamarind Restaurant for a couple of nights on my up and coming cruise.

I was thinking of trying Canaletto on the first night, but understand that it can be noisy due to the Lido. Would 8.00pm be an ok time to book to miss most of the noise?

Each cruise is going to be different. On our most recent Eurodam cruise, the Lido was lightly used for dinner, except on one or two nights. Yes, generally, it seemed even lighter as the evening progressed. So maybe later has a better chance of being quieter.

But other cruises the Lido has been crowded. So it isn't really predictable.

On our past few HAL cruises, Cannaletto was very lightly attended. In most cases one could have easily obtained a reservation the same day. When we were on the Voygage of the Vikings we simply walked-in one evening and asked if they had room (there was only 1 couple dining). We were immediately seated and waited nearly 15 minutes for the wine steward to stop at our table. It turned out that the first 3 Italian wine choices (from the wine list) were not available. In fact, many wines were not available (there was a big problem on our cruise with wine inventory). We decided to leave and head down to the MDR for dinner. Service and food in the MDR has been excellent so perhaps we were spoiled.

Hank

Hello

I have already booked the Tamarind Restaurant for a couple of nights on my up and coming cruise.

I was thinking of trying Canaletto on the first night, but understand that it can be noisy due to the Lido. Would 8.00pm be an ok time to book to miss most of the noise?

The Canaletto is tucked into a corner of the Lido Market and surrounded by partitions. I have eaten there a number of times and have not noticed any noise even during the early Lido Market dining hours. Dining later in the evening in the Canaletto, should find you quite alone but missing the nice view out of the windows after dark

I agree about booking early in the evening. Canaletto has stunning views, and if you go near sunset, you are in for a treat. I love the quiet atmosphere (never had a noise issue) compared to the MDR, which can be disorganized on the first night. We booked Canaletto for our first and last night on our next cruise, 6:00 or 6:30. Enjoy!