Partially obstructed balcony on the Koningsdam?

karlth

• 1 month later...
We just returned from VH 4151. The large tender blocks all view but the fresh air was appreciated. They really should make a category for the 6 large tender verandas .Makes it almost impossible to take a VH guarantee.

I'm booked in a VH for our upcoming cruise and I never realized that there were different types of boats that obstructed the view differently (I now notice the different boat shapes on the deck plan). I originally had a guarantee booked but then 4043 became available so I switched to that since it's a larger cabin (sideways orientation) and a slightly larger angled balcony. Now I'm glad that I did, although there was a possibility of getting upgraded to a better non-obstructed category. Edited by MisterBill99

There are several good pictures available, regarding the view from obstructed verandah cabins on Koningsdam. Just google “pinnacle-class 4052-koningsdam”, select pictures for your search and you will come across a few. Substitute the number for 4061, 4093 and 4145 and you will find more.

There are several good pictures available, regarding the view from obstructed verandah cabins on Koningsdam. Just google “pinnacle-class 4052-koningsdam”, select pictures for your search and you will come across a few. Substitute the number for 4061, 4093 and 4145 and you will find more.

Thanks. 4052. 4061 and 4093 don't look that bad. Too bad the verandah photo of 4145 is so terrible, can't really get an idea of the full view.

Too bad the verandah photo of 4145 is so terrible, can't really get an idea of the full view.
In the picture in post #7 you can get an idea how much higher the tenders (the 3 on the left) are compared to the plain lifeboats (in the l.r. corner).

In the picture in post #7 you can get an idea how much higher the tenders (the 3 on the left) are compared to the plain lifeboats (in the l.r. corner).
Thanks. I'm in 4043 so it's not a big deal for me. Just saying that if the person was going to go to the trouble of posting photos, it would have been nice to do a better job. On the other hand, maybe it wasn't their cabin and the person was taking quick photos. I'll have to try to remember to take good pictures of my cabin.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app