Vista Suite on Koningsdam

Carol28

We normally book a mini-suite on a cruise ship. However, The Signature Suite on Koningsdam is twice as expensive as a Vista Suite.

I'd like opinions about the Vista suites. Do they feel narrow? Is there a very narrow pathway between the bed and the wall? Any comments appreciated.

We normally book a mini-suite on a cruise ship. However, The Signature Suite on Koningsdam is twice as expensive as a Vista Suite.

I'd like opinions about the Vista suites. Do they feel narrow? Is there a very narrow pathway between the bed and the wall? Any comments appreciated.

It is definitely more like the regular balcony cabins in the VA-VF category. Maybe 2-3 feet between the end of the bed and the wall the TV is on. The couch is bit bigger by a few inches maybe and there are a few more storage drawers/cabinets but it still feels like a regular balcony cabin.

there is a website (which we cannot mention!) that gives images of vista suites and other 'Hal facts'.

google it or google hal cruiser informtion koningsdam.

look at details for 4221 as I have posted dimensions.

The gap between the bed and wall is quite narrow, but we just spent 17days in a vista and would be more than happy to go back.

there is a website (which we cannot mention!) that gives images of vista suites and other 'Hal facts'.

google it or google hal cruiser informtion koningsdam.

look at details for 4221 as I have posted dimensions.

The gap between the bed and wall is quite narrow, but we just spent 17days in a vista and would be more than happy to go back.

I googled as suggested, but most of the sites were HAL sites. Thanks for the info, anyway. I believe a regular Veranda room might be just fine for a 7 day. We usually get a mini-suite, but don't feel like spending $1000 more for not that more spacious a room. (Sorry about the awkward phrasing!)

We sailed in a Vista suite. However we think it is certainly not a suite, but a bit larger cabin with balcony. We prefer the couch to be near the window, but here the couch is near the bathroom. Speaking about the bathroom, we loved the walkin shower, but the toilet is in a strange position, very close to the window of the shower. My husband could only use the toilet sidewards.

Also the fresh flowers were the tiniest flowers in the smallest vase we ever saw.

Indeed next time we will prefer and sail in a regular balcony cabin.

I googled as suggested, but most of the sites were HAL sites. Thanks for the info, anyway. I believe a regular Veranda room might be just fine for a 7 day. We usually get a mini-suite, but don't feel like spending $1000 more for not that more spacious a room. (Sorry about the awkward phrasing!)

Try clicking here and clicking here for more info. These cabins really do not qualify as "Suites" in size but are more like "Mini-Suites" IMO. You do get the double cruise day credits though. Hope this is helpful and you do enjoy your cruise.

We sailed in a Vista Suite on the Koningsdam and enjoyed it. We liked the bed closer to the balcony doors as it did provide more floor space at the front of the cabin. The space at the end of the bed wasn't as narrow as we experienced in Aqua Class on Celebrity.

Spent 5 weeks on the K'dam and had a Vista Suite, we were very happy with the layout. The bed is closer to balcony which we liked. If you were both passing each other at the foot of the bed you might have to turn sideways but it wasn't a problem for us. more floor space in the "common area". When we ordered room service the steward didn't have to nuggie past the bed with the tray to get to the table or balcony.

As a previous poster wrote the toilet is at an odd angle, I hope they changed that when designing the New Statendam .

Overall we loved the ship, and hope to sail again. We would book the Vista again for a longer cruise but for a short 7 day I would just do verandah.

Regarding the bed vs. the couch closer to the balcony, we were in 6144 (check halfacts) and the sofa was closer to the balcony. On that deck, it appeared to me that the staterooms that were over the lifeboats were the ones with the sofa near the balcony, and the ones over the "bump-out" where there were no lifeboats had the bed closer to the balcony. Perhaps because the view was a bit more open, and the powers that be decided that the passengers would prefer lying in bed watching the view?

PS I never thought of that, ZSandy, but it would be easier for room service to have the sitting area closer to the door. We don't ever have room service, so enjoyed the "sitting room" near the balcony. There was plenty of space once you got past the bed, although we never had more than 6 in the room for drinkies.

PPS 6144 was just a verandah, not a vista suite...