PRIVATE Helicopter tour with glacier landing.

KristiC925

Can anyone recommend a company to do this in any of the following ports...

Ketchikan

Icy Strait

Juneau

Skagway

Seward.

I would like it to just be 4 of us and not squished in like sardines with stranges which I've seen come up ad a complaint in multiple reviews.

TIA!

Your only viable choices on this list are Juneau, Skagway, and Seward, with your best bet being Seward. I would look up helicopter companies in each place and call them for a quote. Companies in Juneau and Skagway are pretty much maxed out with the cruise line excursions. Expect to pay ~$2000+ for an hour.

We booked "Pilot’s Choice” Glacier Explorer tour with Temsco. Could not have been happier. We were 2 that flew with 4 others, no squishing - we landed and hiked atop 2 separate glaciers. It was majestic!

I was going to say, we did the ship's excursion, but we weren't squished in there. It was the 3 of us with either 2 or 3 others, drawing a blank right now. My son and myself sat up front with the pilot and my husband was in the back with the others. He said it was absolutely fine. They also have to be careful on how they put passengers on the helicopter, so it's balanced. They ask your weight, and that's how they balance people around. We did Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau.

I was going to say, we did the ship's excursion, but we weren't squished in there. It was the 3 of us with either 2 or 3 others, drawing a blank right now. My son and myself sat up front with the pilot and my husband was in the back with the others. He said it was absolutely fine. They also have to be careful on how they put passengers on the helicopter, so it's balanced. They ask your weight, and that's how they balance people around. We did Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau.

Who was the operator? If it was Temsco, you got lucky. They can get pilot+2 in the front and 4 in the back, so if you had less than that, your excursion had less than a full load for that helicopter so you got some room.

As someone else said, it's about $2000/hour of flying time for the helicopter to yourself. You can then load it up to max allowable weight, or not, as long as everyone is belted in.

Who was the operator? If it was Temsco, you got lucky. They can get pilot+2 in the front and 4 in the back, so if you had less than that, your excursion had less than a full load for that helicopter so you got some room.

As someone else said, it's about $2000/hour of flying time for the helicopter to yourself. You can then load it up to max allowable weight, or not, as long as everyone is belted in.

No it wasn't, can't remember right now, but that's not a name that's familiar. And it could have been 4 people in the back. But my husband still said he never felt squished.