Brewery tour on the Horizon (Vista class)

MaiTaiMary

I would love to know that info as well I am a Home Brewer and love anything beer related.. Cant Wait for this cruise!

Didn't do the brewery tour on Vista this last April, but enjoyed plenty of the coffee stout. And the self-serve beer taps were awesome!

• 2 months later...
I just happened upon this trip report yesterday and on this page they talk about the tour; https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2577278&page=3

Woohoo that’s me!! (Thanks for reading MoeDeckedOut!!) The brewery tour posts starts at #46.

There will be a tour on the Horizon, and the brewmaster Collin from the Vista is currently on the Horizon setting up.

ChicoCA is correct that the brewery is getting revamped and put with Guys BBQ in one single space.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off Vista 8 day Southern cruise this morning! My partner did the brewery tour and really enjoyed it.

Held on sea days and limited to 8 people per tour. Cost $24.95 you get a Red Frog beer glass, as many free samples as you care to taste and a Certificate of Recognition that you completed the tour and it is good for a free beer when presented at the Red Frogg Pub.

He really enjoyed the tour, which was held on our next to last sea day, he found it very informative and it lasted approx 2 hours, starting at 1 pm.

Collin the brewmaster takes a lot of time explaining the entire process and the ingredients that are used.

Woohoo that’s me!! (Thanks for reading MoeDeckedOut!!) The brewery tour posts starts at #46.

There will be a tour on the Horizon, and the brewmaster Collin from the Vista is currently on the Horizon setting up.

ChicoCA is correct that the brewery is getting revamped and put with Guys BBQ in one single space.

Thank you for the info on the tour and confirmation that it will be offered on Horizon! I'll be onboard in 4 weeks (eeek!!!) and am very interested in doing this tour. When & where did you sign up on your Vista cruise? Thank you in advance!!

Just off Vista 8 day Southern cruise this morning! My partner did the brewery tour and really enjoyed it.

Held on sea days and limited to 8 people per tour. Cost $24.95 you get a Red Frog beer glass, as many free samples as you care to taste and a Certificate of Recognition that you completed the tour and it is good for a free beer when presented at the Red Frogg Pub.

He really enjoyed the tour, which was held on our next to last sea day, he found it very informative and it lasted approx 2 hours, starting at 1 pm.

Collin the brewmaster takes a lot of time explaining the entire process and the ingredients that are used.

My parents just got off the ship today too and I’m pretty sure Collin isn’t the brewmaster on the Vista anymore. He’s in Italy on the Horizon gearing up for next month’s inaugural sailing.

My parents just got off the ship today too and I’m pretty sure Collin isn’t the brewmaster on the Vista anymore. He’s in Italy on the Horizon gearing up for next month’s inaugural sailing.

Can't say for sure what the name of the brewmaster was as I did not due the tour and we all know how the male species is when it comes to remembering things. I do know that the tour guide has been on the Vista since it started cruising.

I did the brewery tour and loved it. Sign up at the brewery as soon as you board, as it will fill up. My cruise was a Journeys cruise, so I believe the tour schedule was a little different. There were 11 people on our tour, and we sampled 5 different beers...it's usually 4 beers but Colin wanted to get rid of the extra pumpkin spice beer left over from Halloween. So our tour group drank 10 pitchers of beer in a little under 90 minutes (Colin is a wealth of information and likes to talk, so the tour ran long). As previously mentioned, you will get a souvenir pint glass and a certificate which allows for a free refill at the brewery later in the cruise.

We did the brewery tour last week on Vista. We signed up at the Red Frog Pub just after boarding. It is $24.95 and you taste 4 beers. You get to take home a pub glass and a certificate. There were 12 people in our group.

Does anybody know if the Horizon will have the same brewery tour as the Vista? If so, can somebody tell me more about it? $25 pp and that includes a souvenir glass? Any idea which day(s) it will be offered?

Thanks. :)

I am pretty sure they will be doing them on sea days... Collin the original brewmaster from the Vista is on the Horizon right now getting it set up and will remain on after it sets sail.

We did the brewery tour last week on Vista. We signed up at the Red Frog Pub just after boarding. It is $24.95 and you taste 4 beers. You get to take home a pub glass and a certificate. There were 12 people in our group.

Do you know if by chance it was offered on Embarkation Day? We're on the Horizon out of NYC in August and the Cheers program is null and void on day one, so this would be a good thing to possibly try. The rest of the cruise the beers are included. :beer-mug:

But, the self serve beer taps are null and void with Cheers, right?

Nope you can use Cheers for self serve just swipe your sign and sail card. It counts towards your 15 but it would if you got a beer from a server too.

Do you know if by chance it was offered on Embarkation Day? We're on the Horizon out of NYC in August and the Cheers program is null and void on day one, so this would be a good thing to possibly try. The rest of the cruise the beers are included. :beer-mug:
Do you mean, is the tour itself offered on embarkation day? No, it isn't. You need to sign up for the tour that day, but the tours don't begin until the next day

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app