Photo of scooter in room, Norwegian Escape Spa Balcony Rm

MaryBethV

In case it is helpful to anyone - this is a photo of my DH's heavy duty scooter from Special Needs at Sea as parked in our room (our room configuration was bed closest to the balcony). We found that if you took off the front basket and pulled it right up to the counter/desk, and folded the backrest part of the seat down, that you could *just* fully open the bathroom door. When the bathroom door was closed, you could also walk around the scooter to go out the main stateroom door. Parking it here kept the main area between the couch and desk open for walking about and getting ready.

40441847811_c370c80e33_z.jpgIMG_1101 by MB V, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
Very helpful and ingenious. I have taken the armrests off my scooter which helps a lot too.

I have taken mine off and forgotten them on the ship. Did not get back and they are very expensive to replace. pack them in your suitcase or leave them at home.

• 2 months later...
I am renting a standard scooter from them, will the seat fold down on that one? And how do you get the basket off?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know if the seat folds down on the standard scooter. (Ours was the heavy duty model.) You can visit the Special Needs at Sea website and live chat with someone from there and ask.

The basket just slid off (upwards) on our scooter.

Hope that helps!

• 1 month later...

Just an update. Scooter would not fit through the balcony cabin door, we had to take off the arms , then it fit fine and the seat did fold down also. We were in a cabin that had the bed by the balcony. Was no problem at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums