Restless Native Catamaran on Last Day

DMP609

Hi! We'll be on the Celebrity Summit this June and are thinking of booking Restless Natives' Sail and Snorkel tour. This tour is 3 1/2 hours. Do you think it would be safe to book it on our last day in Bermuda? The tour is scheduled for 9 am so should be back by 12:30, which seems to be plenty of time for a 3:30 pm departure. Has anyone heard of these types of tours being delayed in getting back to the Dockyard?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Hi! We'll be on the Celebrity Summit this June and are thinking of booking Restless Natives' Sail and Snorkel tour. This tour is 3 1/2 hours. Do you think it would be safe to book it on our last day in Bermuda? The tour is scheduled for 9 am so should be back by 12:30, which seems to be plenty of time for a 3:30 pm departure. Has anyone heard of these types of tours being delayed in getting back to the Dockyard?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I have never heard of it being delayed. I think you would be safe taking it. The tour gets back in plenty of time and ends in the Dockyard. You will have time after the tour to do some shopping or have a pint at the Frog and Onion.

We have done one of these tours the last day, twice now and had no issues.

Whether you purchase it from the cruise line or directly from them you are on the same excursion if it’s the same day and time.

We usually buy online and not from

Ncl (its $25 cheaper!)

and every time it’s an equal mix of those who purchased via their cruise line and on their own(but are still on a cruise ship leaving that day)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done one of these tours the last day, twice now and had no issues.

Whether you purchase it from the cruise line or directly from them you are on the same excursion if it’s the same day and time.

We usually buy online and not from

Ncl (its $25 cheaper!)

and every time it’s an equal mix of those who purchased via their cruise line and on their own(but are still on a cruise ship leaving that day)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad you posted that. I meant to mention it. Most of the Bermuda excursions whether purchased from the cruise line or independently are the same excursions. Restless Native Catamaran and other boat excursions, will be on the same boat. There is not one for cruise line booked passengers and another for independently booked passengers. The only reason to purchase from the cruise lines, even on the last day is to use up Onboard Credit.

Thanks so much everyone for your comments. Celebrity doesn't offer this excursion with Restless Native. They offer something similar with 2 other companies, but I really like the reviews and feel of this company. I now feel a lot better about booking on the last day. :)

• 2 months later...

You will be fine with a 9am start on your last day. The Restless Native is a great choice as not as large as some of the other catamaran and gets you closer to the shore when they anchor. The boat is docked right across from the cruise ships an easy few minute walk..

My opinion, I would only do this if its a ship's excursion.

Why? Do you enjoy overpaying for things?

We sailed with Restless Native a few years ago and enjoyed it so much, we did it again the following year when we did a repeat cruise on Summit. I highly recommend it, it's smaller than the other catamarans, the food was great and the people were very friendly. In both cases we did it on the last day, then did some shopping to kill the hour or two we had before departure.

Glad you posted that. I meant to mention it. Most of the Bermuda excursions whether purchased from the cruise line or independently are the same excursions. Restless Native Catamaran and other boat excursions, will be on the same boat. There is not one for cruise line booked passengers and another for independently booked passengers. The only reason to purchase from the cruise lines, even on the last day is to use up Onboard Credit.

True.

We did a different excursion, but the only reason we purchased it from the cruise line was that via the cruise line we had a 15% discount on shore excursions (NCL).

True.

We did a different excursion, but the only reason we purchased it from the cruise line was that via the cruise line we had a 15% discount on shore excursions (NCL).

That’s a good reason. The NCL discount or if there is onboard credit to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True.

Obviously I don't know the price comparison in this situation, but 15% off the cruise line price generally still won't make excursions anywhere close to what you'll pay booking on your own. And the provider gets paid less than if you book direct with them since the cruise line and their local booking agent take a cut.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Obviously I don't know the price comparison in this situation, but 15% off the cruise line price generally still won't make excursions anywhere close to what you'll pay booking on your own. And the provider gets paid less than if you book direct with them since the cruise line and their local booking agent take a cut.

I will disagree with you. With the 15% discount the excursion was cheaper than the vendor direct pricing.

Also, in a few rare cases, the cruise line perhaps negotiates a group discount. For example, when we visited Aruba, the all inclusive Day at DePalm Island was $105 via vendor direct. But the same excursion was $70 pp when we booked via the cruise line.

Generally but not always. I have seen cruise line excursions that were close to the price or the same price as booking direct. If the price is the same and it is the same excursion I will book thru the cruise line. As far as the provider getting paid less I am not sure why that is relevant. The provider chose to sell space thru the cruise line.