Check-In times of Port of New Orleans

waterdoctor

Does anyone know how strict they are on check-in times at the Port of New Orleans? We have priority boarding but another family that is going with us has a check-in time of 1:00-1:30. We were hoping that the other family could check-in before 1:00 but didn't want to show up at the port to only have them get told to come back later. We are leaving on the Dream this Sunday.

We have been out of nola 4 times. 3 of the times they were checking and strickly enforcing boarding times. one time we showed up 30 minutes early because it was the last shuttle from hotel and told us to go on through. So it might just luck or how busy it is at that time

We sailed out of New Orleans in January. The shuttle from the hotel to the dock had to have a minimum number of people before they would run it so we wound up getting to the port early. We walked right in with no problems.

After reading about this on the forum I guess we got lucky and I wouldn't risk showing up early again if I could avoid it. The wife is demanding FTTF for our next cruise so it's hopefully not going to be an issue.

Every time I've cruised from NOLA (last time in January), they checked boarding passes before allowing anyone into the terminal.

Same here. I think they even double check sometimes....have people outside checking before they'll let you in...and another inside checking before you go up the escalator.