Marina B3 extended balcony (aft) question

blackbr

Booked ourselves in 2019 and want one of these cabins (7108 and higher). Reading the forums and looking at pics I can’t ascertain which of these cabins might be more private than others—I really prefer that the majority of my balcony can’t be looked down upon from the cabins above.

Recommendations for cabins that I should and should not book are greatly appreciated, thanks! I’m currently in 7112 and have read that might be one to avoid.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Recommendations for cabins that I should and should not book are greatly appreciated, thanks! I’m currently in 7112 and have read that might be one to avoid.

7112 should be a great cabin. We've been in 7119 and are booked in 7114 (right next door to 7112) on our upcoming cruise. Lots of privacy if you sit under the overhang from the balcony above and lots of space to stretch out on the open part. We had no wind on a transatlantic, as the balcony dividers go all the way to the rail.

We had no wind on a transatlantic, as the balcony dividers go all the way to the rail.
You were very very lucky.

Wind generated by the motion of the ship is often blocked by the dividers, but mother nature wind can come from any direction. :o

You were very very lucky.

Wind generated by the motion of the ship is often blocked by the dividers, but mother nature wind can come from any direction. :o

We did get quite a bit of spray when near the rail, which I really liked. It felt like I was on a ship and not a floating hotel. We enjoy the connection with the ocean, which you don't get as much on higher decks, but then again, we're both good sailors and don't mind rough seas.

• 4 months later...
haven't heard any noise from the MDR.

I never understand how these comments about the GDR make any sense. :confused:

To begin with, the extended balcony cabins are on deck SEVEN, so they sit, in effect, on the roof of the Grand Dining Room.

marinagranddiningroomchandelier.jpg

A lovely, elegant space, not prone to Baked Alaska Parades or Conga Lines.....

What type of noise do you expect to be avoiding?

If anything it is people at tables near the windows in the GDR who hear noise from the B3 cabins, if someone above is moving chairs about you can hear it.

We have never heard any noise from the balconies above in the GDR or on the balconies from the GDR. Definitely these B3 cabins are the best balcony cabins on the ship,

Occasionally at a quiet breakfast or lunchtime you can hear a dragging noise overhead if you are near a window in the GDR and someone is moving chairs on the B3 balconies. Possibly when cleaning Not enough noise to be bothered by though.

• 3 months later...

We stayed in 7108, it was great in 2017 on a Marina Baltic Cruise  !  7101 to 7109 are extended balconies,  they are over double in size to a regular balcony,  there is privacy closer to the door from above.  7101 to 7107 are long balconies,  but, kind of narrow because the sides are so long, 7108 and 7109 only have a half wall to the aft because the ship narrows in.  Those two are better because you have a much better view with that half wall.  In 2019 we are taking the Marina on a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Rio, we booked 7109 this time, so that we would have sunsets the whole cruise !  We've never heard any noice from below.  

40 minutes ago, daveispar said:

We stayed in 7108, it was great in 2017 on a Marina Baltic Cruise  !  7101 to 7109 are extended balconies,  they are over double in size to a regular balcony,  there is privacy closer to the door from above.  7101 to 7107 are long balconies,  but, kind of narrow because the sides are so long, 7108 and 7109 only have a half wall to the aft because the ship narrows in.  Those two are better because you have a much better view with that half wall.  In 2019 we are taking the Marina on a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Rio, we booked 7109 this time, so that we would have sunsets the whole cruise !  We've never heard any noice from below.  

Actually you have your numbers wrong.   We are currently in the extended one with the half wall and extra rail - its 7111.   7110 is the same on the port side.   The normal extended balconies are the numbers higher than these numbers.   7109 is the last small balcony.   You need to change your booking.   Our balcony picture is attached (7111)

IMG_7589.JPG

57 minutes ago, daveispar said:

We stayed in 7108, it was great in 2017 on a Marina Baltic Cruise  !  7101 to 7109 are extended balconies,  they are over double in size to a regular balcony,  there is privacy closer to the door from above.  7101 to 7107 are long balconies, 

You are  confused

the extended balconies  are 7108 to 7126 in the aft section port side

7111 to 7131  starboard

Oops, I made a mistake, I saw 7108 in the original question.  We actually stayed forward in 7008.  So, replace the 71s in my comment to 70s.  But, they are still great rooms, our TA booked them for our family Cruise.  I didn't know anything about them before he booked 7004, 7006 and 7008 and we were lucky enough to get 7008.  The great thing about 7008 and 7009 is that you can use them when the ship is moving.  The problem with 7108 and 7111 is that when the ship is moving the half wall allows the wind to suck right into those balconies, kind of like being in the front of the ship.  In that case, I think the rest of the aft extended cabins might be better, maybe.  But, UKGOLFER(hey, I'm a golfer, too !), when you went did that bother you ?  It might be OK in warm weather, but, if the weather was cold, I don't think I'd be spending too much time on that balcony.

56 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

It is at times like these when the Deckplans come in SO HANDY

x_094847.jpg

Why don't we all refer to them, more often?  :classic_unsure:

8 minutes ago, daveispar said:

I think 7129 balcony(regular balcony) is about 48 sq ft, while the extended balconies are like 115 sq ft.

Hey Dave, you might want to take  StanandJim's advice

• Haha 1

Here's a picture of our balcony on the Marina, 7008, Sisters on the side, Wife in the middle and Brother & his Wife !

This is less than 1/2 of the balcony because further back we have 2 loungers and a little table.  All of which is covered from above near the slider.

We loved 7008 on the Baltic Cruise & the Transatlantic to Rio in 7009 next year will be great.

Oceania Balcony 7008.jpg

17 hours ago, daveispar said:

Oops, I made a mistake, I saw 7108 in the original question.  We actually stayed forward in 7008.  So, replace the 71s in my comment to 70s.  But, they are still great rooms, our TA booked them for our family Cruise.  I didn't know anything about them before he booked 7004, 7006 and 7008 and we were lucky enough to get 7008.  The great thing about 7008 and 7009 is that you can use them when the ship is moving.  The problem with 7108 and 7111 is that when the ship is moving the half wall allows the wind to suck right into those balconies, kind of like being in the front of the ship.  In that case, I think the rest of the aft extended cabins might be better, maybe.  But, UKGOLFER(hey, I'm a golfer, too !), when you went did that bother you ?  It might be OK in warm weather, but, if the weather was cold, I don't think I'd be spending too much time on that balcony.

We have been on a week - the ones on the front may be better for that reason but its not been bad so far.   Although I read that the big ones at the front (7008 and 7009) cause a vortex and suck in the wind.   Just been out and we are doing 20 knots and its nice on our balcony on the loungers - bit windy by the rail.