A concern about Sirena Aft Vibration

floridatravelersforlife

Recently there was a review of the Sirena aft cabin 7114. The review was negative on the environment of the cabin in regards to sleeping and habitation. Specifically, the vibration was so strong that the ship's staff gave the pax a separate cabin to sleep in.This is an OS in the aft corner of the ship, which we have booked for a Transatlantic next year.. Transatlantic crossings usually are at full speed on sea days, so we are concerned. Anyone else have positive or negative personal experiences in the aft cabins around 7114? I want to filter out excessively negative reviews.

Was in Sirena aft stateroom 6193 last year right next to the OS. No noticeable vibration and I'm overly sensitive to that and noise. I worried about it pre-cruise because of what I read here but completely forgot about it because it was non-existent. This was on a transpacific Papeete to LA.

I know the R ships do have some vibration when at full speed in the aft section

we have had 6084, 7115 on Regatta ..it does vibrate when running at speed

7115 on Insignia also

it was not enough to keep us awake but if any noise bothers you it may be a problem

Don't want to open a hornets nest but the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that babies only be laid on bed with tight fitting sheets, a baby sleeper sac if needed for warmth but no loose blankets. Loose blankets (bedspreads too) are linked with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Was recently educated about blankets/bedspreads by my kids when I attempted to put one over my grandson. Learned that fitted bedding and nothing else is safe with a baby lying down. Risk is risk so I learned something.

Don't want to open a hornets nest but the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that babies only be laid on bed with tight fitting sheets, a baby sleeper sac if needed for warmth but no loose blankets. Loose blankets (bedspreads too) are linked with Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. Was recently educated about blankets/bedspreads by my kids when I attempted to put one over my grandson. Learned that fitted bedding and nothing else is safe with a baby lying down. Risk is risk so I learned something.

For sure not on top of a washing machine.

Haven't been on the Sirena but did spend about 14 days on Regatta in a Concierge on the back of the ship, with the extended balcony and did not experience any undue vibrations. I've experienced more noise close to the rooms that are above engines on lower decks.

Recently there was a review of the Sirena aft cabin 7114. The review was negative on the environment of the cabin in regards to sleeping and habitation. Specifically, the vibration was so strong that the ship's staff gave the pax a separate cabin to sleep in.This is an OS in the aft corner of the ship, which we have booked for a Transatlantic next year.. Transatlantic crossings usually are at full speed on sea days, so we are concerned. Anyone else have positive or negative personal experiences in the aft cabins around 7114? I want to filter out excessively negative reviews.

We were in 7114 on the Sirena last May for 18 days from Papeete to Los Angeles. Despite 10 sea days crossing the Pacific we did not have any untoward vibrations.

However, one night we did hear some rattling coming from the air conditioning unit in the bedroom ceiling. After mentioning it to our butler the next morning, within an hour an engineer arrived and quickly sorted the problem out.

This is a wonderful cabin and we wouldn't hesitate to book it again.