Newest Update on bringing your own alcohol onboard Riviera

Marie50

Such confusion. I would like to take some vodka, but should I try? If so, should I leave it in the bottle or put it in something else? My husband also likes pre mixed Margarita in the bottle. Is that acceptable just for having in your room?

True enough, nothing has changed. But the subject line was also wrong in that it wasn't an update ... it was a question!I hope the OP now understands the situation as it really is.

For those of us who have been here for a long time it's difficult seeing the same questions again and again. But I remember being a newbie and not having much success with the search function, so I try to remain calm and not respond intemperately!

I guess I also understand the suspicion of newcomers to the "bring your own alcohol on board" program. It's not permitted elsewhere, or at least pretty much, so I can see where they want to be SURE that it's okay! Especially with the "rules" they see indicating a limit on the number of bottles of wine/liquor you can bring on board ... which those of us who've been around a long time really don't mean anything. If I were taking my first Oceania cruise, that would concern me, too.

Mura

For those of us who have been here for a long time it's difficult seeing the same questions again and again. But I remember being a newbie and not having much success with the search function, so I try to remain calm and not respond intemperately!

Mura

Very thoughtful and appreciated response! We've cruised for 30 years, 25 cruises, but we've got our first O cruise coming up soon. There will always be newbies, and CC's search function isn't always the most user-friendly. :)

Welcome aboard! There are always newbies, and they aren't necessarily new to cruising!

Look forward to meeting you some time soon! (It may have to be soon since my upcoming cruise is as a solo given that my husband has decided his travel days or over!)

Mura