Carnival Victory 3 night BOOZE CRUISE May11th-May14th

tony_g51181

So lets lay down some info for the start of this review. This was a last minute cruise that I booked for my birthday May11th. I was lucky enough to have my wife move around some of her time off to accommodate the dates since once again i say this was last minute. So this is the very first cruise out of Port of Miami and the first Friday-Monday cruise! (I am told a Booze Cruise) So me and the wife have cruised roughly 8 cruises together and thought this was going to be a normal cruise! So we pack up and leave Augusta GA on the Wednesday May 9th on to Orlando for the night and then Thursday May 10th we will will be in Miami and be sure to get a goods night sleep for the start of this B Day cruise.

Pre Cruise Orlando-Miami

So we stayed overnight just to break up the long drive from Augusta to Miami as the wife doesn't door road trips and I don't do road trips where people fall asleep on me right away thus I opted to spend the night after the short 6hour drive. The next day we woke up and drove the rest of the way to Miami and checked into the wonderful Aloft Miami Airport! When I say I was blown away by the hotel and the customer service I received I am serious top notch. So I book a one night stay along with up to 7 days free parking from hotelnparking.com and for 109.00 i was so happy. We figured we would uber to the port and back for less than parking which was 20.00 a day. So we checked in early on Thursday and the room which I will upload shortly was huge and way above what i was expecting. I had got tickets for the Marlins vs Braves game since the wife recently fell in love with attending baseball events since last season i took her to three braves games at the new stadium. So we attended the game and the wife was lucky enough to get a home run ball from Freddy Freeman his #172 , she then proceeds to tell me the ball gets front seat privileges going home and i need to ride in the back! I'm okay with that I hated driving! So its now time to get a good night sleep and wake up.

Day 1

So we wake up roughly about 830am and really just sit around as our check in time was 1130 and check out time was 11am it would work out nice to leave the hotel when we should be checking out. We eventually get ready and packed up around 11am make our way down to the lobby and I schedule a Uber to the port. So it cost17.19 for both of us most shuttles we have been our cost about 10.00 a person so money saved! We get to the port and once again we don't know what to expect as this is the first time out of Miami, we get into the line for on time arrivals and go though the line to where the reach a unfamiliar process where they are checking your documents before security and make sure everything is ready to go along with taking pictures from passport or if no passport snap a picture of you and then through to security you go. So once we made it through security upstairs we go and because I did select to have my credit card attached to our booking I was sent over to the customer service counter and explained to them I had two gift cards I wanted to add they then gave me the blank lost look! The lady called over one supervisor who had no clue as well and then he called someone else who told them to send me onboard to have that done which is what i have done in the past. So off we go to the ship, really quick now also did I mention no sail and sign cards issued and they will be outside your room once the rooms are ready! Everything is done from your boarding pass!! We had cheers so we used it for a few drinks! So we grabbed a seat at the Tequila Bar and I enjoyed my B day cocktails. The real challenge was to see if the wife was going to make the cheers package worth it and make it to 15 each night! Only time would tell!

Once I get another break I will attempt to uploads some pics.

So I am guessing they run your account and it shows up somewhere because on our sail and sign cards we never had a sticker as in the past we did. Usually I used the same bartenders and always got service right away! It didn't hurt that I tipped a dollar or two here and there!