Carnival Victory

Heading out Aug 6 on a 4nt sailing with family. Almost all reviews of this ship has the dining room meals being less than favorable :( Big complaint I saw was that meals never came out hot..mostly cold :'):'):( We have done many Carnival cruises and the meals have always been top notch and greatly presented. Has anyone been on her lately and had better experience? I have looked at other carnival ships and they do not seem to have this issue. I wonder why this one? I know that the lines at the buffet are sometimes an issue as well. Either way I am excited to go!!!!

I was on the Victory April 30-May 4th. We had excellent service in Alex's section. Sadly though every appetizer and every main course was lukewarm, nowhere near hot. The taste was good but all the meals were cold and we could see that Alex brought them straight to us, they weren't just sitting there for awhile before they were delivered so it must be a problem in the kitchen. This has happened sporadically over the years, maybe one appetizer or main but not like this cruise.

I was on the Victory April 30-May 4th. We had excellent service in Alex's section. Sadly though every appetizer and every main course was lukewarm, nowhere near hot. The taste was good but all the meals were cold and we could see that Alex brought them straight to us, they weren't just sitting there for awhile before they were delivered so it must be a problem in the kitchen. This has happened sporadically over the years, maybe one appetizer or main but not like this cruise.

That is exactly what people have been saying, but other ships not having this issue! I would think that they would and could get a handle on this. Thank you for the feedback!

We were on the Victory in February and had no issue in the Dining Room, all of the items we ordered were very good and came to the table at the proper temperature. We did have early seating.

The buffet left much to be desired, both in design of the line and in food quality compared to the dining room. There was always something good that you could enjoy, but it took some trial and error.

The Deli, Guy's, Blue Iguana, Seafood Shack and Pizza were all very good. For breakfast if you don't go to the Main dining Room, the best options for me were a breakfast burrito at Blue Iguana or an omelette from the Pizza place!

We were on the Victory in February and had no issue in the Dining Room, all of the items we ordered were very good and came to the table at the proper temperature. We did have early seating.

The buffet left much to be desired, both in design of the line and in food quality compared to the dining room. There was always something good that you could enjoy, but it took some trial and error.

The Deli, Guy's, Blue Iguana, Seafood Shack and Pizza were all very good. For breakfast if you don't go to the Main dining Room, the best options for me were a breakfast burrito at Blue Iguana or an omelette from the Pizza place!

Im going in July, i didn’t know that there was a Seafood Shack on board. That is my favorite place.

Im going in July, i didn’t know that there was a Seafood Shack on board. That is my favorite place.

It was awesome and not frequented much during our cruise. We felt the up-charge was quite reasonable for what you got. I think some folks just don't want to pay anything extra, which is OK by me. I am originally from New England and am a Lobster Roll snob, but the ones at the Seafood Shack were quite good.