Victory stop in Cozumel and visit to Tulum

Nic6318

Hi There

I see the Victory stops in Cozumel from noon to 10 p.m.

Has anyone on this type of itinerary done the Carnival excursion to Tulum? I was wondering how the timing of the tour went. I know the site closes at 5 p.m. Did they stay till closing? Did you feel rushed? Did you enjoy it? Would you consider going there without the Carnival tour? Were the stores/bars at the port still open when you returned?

thanks

I would only do the tour to Tulum on a ship tour. Remember, the there is a ferry trip and long drive to Tulum.

Part of the reason I haven't done it yet. Just don't feel the cost is worth the time I'll get at the ruins.

Between the ferry ride and then the bus round trip, the tour is about 9hrs with only a short time of it actually at the ruins.

I would ONLY do this one on a Carnival tour.

I would not choose to take this tour at all since there is more time traveling than actually seeing the ruins. To do these ruins (and the area) justice I'd plan another trip on land.

Between the ferry ride and then the bus round trip, the tour is about 9hrs with only a short time of it actually at the ruins.

I would ONLY do this one on a Carnival tour.

I would not choose to take this tour at all since there is more time traveling than actually seeing the ruins. To do these ruins (and the area) justice I'd plan another trip on land.

Hi

So I am trying to understand, I thought I understood that it was 1 1/5 - 2hr. travel each way. Ferry and bus. Is this not the case?

has anybody done the Carnival tour?

thanks

I've been to Tulum during a land based vacation and it, especially the beach area, is gorgeous. However, I would not consider doing an excursion there while on a cruise with an outside tour company, especially if the ship is only going to be in Cozumel for eight hours. Too little room for error imho. Also, since you arrive in Cozumel at 12:00 and the park closes at five, with a minimum of two hours travel time to get there, you will only be at the park maybe 2 1/2 hrs at most, probably more like 2 hours, assuming it stays open until 5:00 on that day. It's your call, but I wouldn't do it.

Hi

So I am trying to understand, I thought I understood that it was 1 1/5 - 2hr. travel each way. Ferry and bus. Is this not the case?

has anybody done the Carnival tour?

thanks

The ferry ride is 45-50 minutes, plus boarding and waiting time. I've also ridden in a taxi from Playa Del Carmen to Tulum, and though I don't remember the exact travel time, it is probably in the neighborhood of 50-60 minutes. That is a total of at least an hour and 45 minutes actual travel time. There will also be time lost waiting at various points. I think you can safely assume close to 2 1/2 hours from the time you exit the ship until you set foot in Tulum, assuming there are no other delays and about the same amount of time coming back..

Took this excursion through carnival and made for a long day. Tulum was great to see, very busy with people and huge bus parking lot. Luckily we were one of the first to arrive. The beach and water and ruins are just stunning. Food was limited on tour, getting something to eat before heading back is highly recommended! I think there was a stop at a souvenir place as well. Drink lots of water too!

Took this excursion through carnival and made for a long day. Tulum was great to see, very busy with people and huge bus parking lot. Luckily we were one of the first to arrive. The beach and water and ruins are just stunning. Food was limited on tour, getting something to eat before heading back is highly recommended! I think there was a stop at a souvenir place as well. Drink lots of water too!

I'm curious, since I'm basing my responses to the OP on a land based excursion, if you would do it again. That would be more helpful to the OP than my comments, I believe.

I would not do this trip from Cozumel, it's a long day even when staying in Playa Del Carmen. We usually combine it with Xel-Ha or Xcaret for a full day trip. As others have said the key word for Tulum is HOT. If you go bring plenty of sunscreen, water (they do sell it there), hat, long sleeve sun shirt, energy bar, and did I say hot?

I went through a carnival excursion and was glad I did. It was beautiful. That being said, it was very rushed, the guide talked too long about this gs that were important to him, and it was hot!

Traffic on the trip back was at a standstill, making me glad I went through carnival. The fog horn was blowing as our ferry was pulling in. It was hurry hurry all day long. I am glad I did it once but not again.

wait and go on a cruise that stops at Costa Maya Your Love least cut out the time that the ferry would take. There's plenty to do at Cozumel for the day and it gives you a reason to go back for another Cruise. There's some also some cruises that go to both Costa Maya and Cozumel