Carnival Legend Questions:)

I had a couple of questions specifically about the Carnival Legend. It's too late to change anything regarding our reservations at this point, but just so we aren't surprised...

1. We opted for an obstructed balcony view (we're really pretty flexible), specifically cabin 5156, for our upcoming cruise. The only thing obstructing the view in that specific cabin, from what I can tell based on photos and deck plans, is the top of a lifeboat, correct?

2. On Norwegian two years ago, we hated our dining experience because in order to get anything halfway decent in the main dining room, you had to pay extra. The "included" items were very underwhelming, flavorless, and disappointing. We went with Carnival this time because, on past Carnival cruises, I recall there being a great rotating menu. Is this true for the Carnival Legend currently? Even if the menu isn't the best dining experience you've ever had, are the rotating items generally "included?"

Thank you in advance!

I had a couple of questions specifically about the Carnival Legend. It's too late to change anything regarding our reservations at this point, but just so we aren't surprised...

1. We opted for an obstructed balcony view (we're really pretty flexible), specifically cabin 5156, for our upcoming cruise. The only thing obstructing the view in that specific cabin, from what I can tell based on photos and deck plans, is the top of a lifeboat, correct?

2. On Norwegian two years ago, we hated our dining experience because in order to get anything halfway decent in the main dining room, you had to pay extra. The "included" items were very underwhelming, flavorless, and disappointing. We went with Carnival this time because, on past Carnival cruises, I recall there being a great rotating menu. Is this true for the Carnival Legend currently? Even if the menu isn't the best dining experience you've ever had, are the rotating items generally "included?"

Thank you in advance!

We will also be on the Legend...ours is 8/21.

I have been on 10 carnival cruises and am a very picky eater, but I can always find something to eat in the MDR. There are main dishes that are on the menu each day and then there are the rotating dishes. The MDR is free except for some premium steaks (and lobster I think).

There are also so many other places to eat on board, most are free. Lots of choices of different foods.

I don't know about the obstructed balcony. We were lucky enough to grab a premium balcony room for ours and cant wait. I don't care if its colder than the Caribbean...I am sitting out there and enjoying it (even with a blanket).

I hope you have a great time.

I think the previous poster pretty well answered the dining question so I won't comment there. As to the obstructed view situation, those deck five cabins have lifeboats outside and just below the level of the balcony deck so your only obstruction will be downward.

I think the previous poster pretty well answered the dining question so I won't comment there. As to the obstructed view situation, those deck five cabins have lifeboats outside and just below the level of the balcony deck so your only obstruction will be downward.

That's what I suspected, but wanted to make sure:) Thanks!

We will also be on the Legend...ours is 8/21.

I have been on 10 carnival cruises and am a very picky eater, but I can always find something to eat in the MDR. There are main dishes that are on the menu each day and then there are the rotating dishes. The MDR is free except for some premium steaks (and lobster I think).

There are also so many other places to eat on board, most are free. Lots of choices of different foods.

I don't know about the obstructed balcony. We were lucky enough to grab a premium balcony room for ours and cant wait. I don't care if its colder than the Caribbean...I am sitting out there and enjoying it (even with a blanket).

I hope you have a great time.

Thanks! Very helpful:)

One of our party on the Legend trip had a similar balcony location as you have. They were on the starboard side. You are on the port side. If memory serves me correctly, you will be able to see a bit around the life boats.

The good thing is, if the ship has to muster, you are already on the life boat!

Your view will be blocked a little more because your room is withing the first 3 lifeboats and they are taller than the rest on the miracle. Google miracle pics or go to Carnival Miracle on wikipedia and you can see the larger boats in the front. These boats will be above the guard rail a bit. Edit to add Miracle is sister ship to Legend so the above does apply.

Thank you in advance!

I was just in 5237 and obstructed simply means you won't be able to look down as their is the lifeboat there you can still look out

Carnival Legend has a different menu every night and they have many chef specials included free based on seafood after all your in Alaska ... We have never had an issue finding something yummy on the menu

We were on the Legend from June 12-19. There were 3 couples that had the obstructed views. We all had the shorter lifeboats. The first three boats are taller. Here is a picture I found that might give you a perspective. It all depends are where you room is situated. The second picture was my view from 5180. I hope this helps.

344244281yChuIV_ph.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8kQtwoljHDSDN1o7a4fBR3RvMm_-rcu19xajfsrgdZ-MptwqI

We were on the Legend from June 12-19. There were 3 couples that had the obstructed views. We all had the shorter lifeboats. The first three boats are taller. Here is a picture I found that might give you a perspective. It all depends are where you room is situated. The second picture was my view from 5180. I hope this helps.

344244281yChuIV_ph.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8kQtwoljHDSDN1o7a4fBR3RvMm_-rcu19xajfsrgdZ-MptwqI

we were just down the hall from you 5237 same sailing ... our obstruction was not that tall - the top of it was the bottom of our floor basically