Perth or Fremantle

schagpal

Having read many posts and opinions we settled on Fremantle and really enjoyed our experience. Stayed at the Hougomount (boutique type) and loved the location. Took Uber from airport in and then an Uber to the cruise ship - both were easy (assuming you have cell service). Just walking around the town is nice - full of coffee joints and pubs - how can you go wrong! We did not opt to spend time up in Perth but it would have been easy via the train service. For us it was a 2 night stay and a fair amount of walking around which helped battle the jet lag.

I hope you got to Kings Park?

Freo is great and all but Kings Park is simply stunning.

If they didn’t go to Perth they wouldn’t get to Kings Park, agree it’s nice, but would rather Rottnest if I could only do one.

Having read many posts and opinions we settled on Fremantle and really enjoyed our experience. Stayed at the Hougomount (boutique type) and loved the location. Took Uber from airport in and then an Uber to the cruise ship - both were easy (assuming you have cell service). Just walking around the town is nice - full of coffee joints and pubs - how can you go wrong! We did not opt to spend time up in Perth but it would have been easy via the train service. For us it was a 2 night stay and a fair amount of walking around which helped battle the jet lag.

I agree that walking around Fremantle is wonderful.

If they didn’t go to Perth they wouldn’t get to Kings Park, agree it’s nice, but would rather Rottnest if I could only do one.

Just to clarify- I was born in Perth and have spent all but 4 years of my life there (currently 31). I was mostly joking, as there is a lot of humorous ribbing regarding Perth vs Fremantle as desirable places to spend time in, in WA- particularly regarding what we choose to show our interstate and international visitor family and friends.

Funny- I've been to Rottnest 5 times and I think it is over-rated!

I really enjoy reading about the different thoughts/ideas/preferences of others on forums like these as it can open my eyes to new perspectives, if nothing else- maybe I should give Rotto another chance? I haven't been for about 4 years.