Fleet Modernization Info.

DrivesLikeMario

Here are some exciting changes coming to the Millennium Class ships:

-No more shower curtains for “most” cabins! They will be replaced by hard, clamshell doors. I believe this will be for the majority of the cabins but they used the word “most” so I’m just passing that on.

-The cabin baths will be completely re-done including the showers, toilets, sink, faucets, etc.

-All cabins will remain the same size but from the cabin renderings, it looks like one of the closets has been replaced by more drawers and some shelves – more of an open concept on the last closet section.

-The Retreat Sun Deck – free to ALL categories of suites.

-The MDR looks amazing – huge improvement with all silvers, greys, light green (at least it looks like it’ll be a light green from the renderings) – just really beautiful.

-30 more cabins will be added: 13 Aqua Class, 7 Oceanview and 10 inside cabins

-The Rendezvous Lounge looks more light, modern, up-to-date and less dark and classic.

-The Sunset Bar will be completely renovated and will have a new bar menu.

-Q’Sine is going away and being replaced by La Petit Chef at (currently) $55pp and for this class of ship, will be part of the dining package.

-Spa will have new SEA Thermal Suites, a semi-private consultation area and a new area for yoga & cycle classes.

-Even areas like The Library will be updated.

-Estimated dates for completion of these enhancements:

Millennium – 2-9-19

Summit – 3-23-19

Equinox – 5-25-19

Silhouette – 1-24-20

Eclipse – 4-1-20

Constellation – 5-1-20

Infinity – 11-14-20

Solstice – 10-1-21

Reflection – 2-2-23

Here are some exciting changes coming to the Millennium Class ships:

-No more shower curtains for “most” cabins! They will be replaced by hard, clamshell doors. I believe this will be for the majority of the cabins but they used the word “most” so I’m just passing that on.

-The cabin baths will be completely re-done including the showers, toilets, sink, faucets, etc.

-All cabins will remain the same size but from the cabin renderings, it looks like one of the closets has been replaced by more drawers and some shelves – more of an open concept on the last closet section.

-The Retreat Sun Deck – free to ALL categories of suites.

-The MDR looks amazing – huge improvement with all silvers, greys, light green (at least it looks like it’ll be a light green from the renderings) – just really beautiful.

-30 more cabins will be added: 13 Aqua Class, 7 Oceanview and 10 inside cabins

-The Rendezvous Lounge looks more light, modern, up-to-date and less dark and classic.

-The Sunset Bar will be completely renovated and will have a new bar menu.

-Q’Sine is going away and being replaced by La Petit Chef at (currently) $55pp and for this class of ship, will be part of the dining package.

-Spa will have new SEA Thermal Suites, a semi-private consultation area and a new area for yoga & cycle classes.

-Even areas like The Library will be updated.

-Estimated dates for completion of these enhancements:

Millennium – 2-9-19

Summit – 3-23-19

Equinox – 5-25-19

Silhouette – 1-24-20

Eclipse – 4-1-20

Constellation – 5-1-20

Infinity – 11-14-20

Solstice – 10-1-21

Reflection – 2-2-23

Thanks for sharing. We'll be on the Summit September 2019. So that will be nice to see the changes from the last time we cruised on the Summit. Bummer about 30 additional cabins. What deck(s)?

Thanks for the info. Are these the start dates or end dates for the dry docks?

Should be the completion date. Millennium is closed for sailing according to the cruise calendar from 5 Jan to the next sailing date of 9 Feb. That's about a 5-week refurbishment.

Thanks for sharing. We'll be on the Summit September 2019. So that will be nice to see the changes from the last time we cruised on the Summit. Bummer about 30 additional cabins. What deck(s)?

Yes, wonder where the 30 additional cabins are being located :confused:? No mention of suites, yet I thought X had said in previous press releases that there would be additional suites added during the Revolution?

Thanks for the info. Are these the start dates or end dates for the dry docks?

They said they were the completion dates.

Not sure what decks the additional cabins will be on, sorry.

Also, I forgot to mention the hull changes. All of the ships in the fleet will eventually have a solid blue hull.

Also, I forgot to mention the hull changes. All of the ships in the fleet will eventually have a solid blue hull.

So Celebrity is going back to the solid blue hulls. I never cared for that look.

Yes, wonder where the 30 additional cabins are being located :confused:? No mention of suites, yet I thought X had said in previous press releases that there would be additional suites added during the Revolution?

Suites will be added on S class ships (except Reflection). 5 Signature Suites and 1 Reflection Suite at the front of the ship to match what was done on Reflection.

As for the 30 cabins on M class, the only place I could see where they could add would be on Deck 11 taking away some of the sun deck space on each side of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The new Edge look: blue, white, orange for all X ships:

enhance

It looks like the new Aqua rooms will be next to the Canyon Ranch. I found this on the Celebrity website.

Plus, we’re adding more than a dozen new spa-inspired AquaClass[emoji768] rooms right next to Canyon Ranch[emoji768] at Sea.

https://ibb.co/mvXL3d

mvXL3d

Interesting. Wonder how that will happen? Maybe they are converting some 2B Veranda cabins into AQs near the forward stairs on Deck 9? That would put them right below the Spa. To go next to the Spa on the same deck they would have to remove either a chunk of the Spa or the Solarium.

Suites will be added on S class ships (except Reflection). 5 Signature Suites and 1 Reflection Suite at the front of the ship to match what was done on Reflection.

As for the 30 cabins on M class, the only place I could see where they could add would be on Deck 11 taking away some of the sun deck space on each side of the ship.

Yes, I read about the new suites on S class ships on the other thread but no mention of extra suites on the OP’s first post on this thread for M class, yet I was sure X had stated (in previous press releases) that they were adding additional suites during the Revolution to both classes :confused:.

Yes, I read about the new suites on S class ships on the other thread but no mention of extra suites on the OP’s first post on this thread for M class, yet I was sure X had stated (in previous press releases) that they were adding additional suites during the Revolution to both classes :confused:.

We wondered about this too.

Rather than adding more rooms it would not surprise me in the least if some better positioned Concierge Class rooms didn’t miraculously turn into Sky Suite 3 rooms with access to Michael’s and Luminae. No structural changes needed but greater revenue.....on the M class I can also see those family veranda rooms at the rear suddenly becoming ‘family suites’ again no structural change needed.

We are presently looking at an Equinox cruise post refurbishment for next year and have a Silhouette cruise post refurbishment booked for 2020. The Reflection suite and signature suites are not for sale on either sailing as yet. What would happen if you book a room now that becomes a different category after the refurbishment is interesting to consider.

All speculation as yet!

Where would "The Retreat" sun deck go? Just off the Summit and there's already overcrowding on the sun decks on sea days. Can't imagine that would do anything but exacerbate the problem, considering not all suite guests would use the Retreat...

Where would "The Retreat" sun deck go? Just off the Summit and there's already overcrowding on the sun decks on sea days. Can't imagine that would do anything but exacerbate the problem, considering not all suite guests would use the Retreat...

They said top deck forward. I've never been up there so can't speak to size or windiness.

We wondered about this too.

We are presently looking at an Equinox cruise post refurbishment for next year and have a Silhouette cruise post refurbishment booked for 2020. The Reflection suite and signature suites are not for sale on either sailing as yet. What would happen if you book a room now that becomes a different category after the refurbishment is interesting to consider.

Well, on Edge, they have kept pax in the cabin that they originally booked and some are in classes that they didn’t want to be in. I presume they will move you to a cabin in the same class that you have booked if the configuration for that cabin is altered after the refit. I can see this happening to those that have booked a FV on M class with only 2 persons in, which has been reported on these boards lately, and then X reclassify the cabin after the Revolution i.e. they’ll move them to a balcony cabin in a different location when the booked cabin suddenly becomes Aqua or a Family Suite.

With regards to the overcrowding on the sundeck, I’ve said this would be inevitable from the very first press release. It will definitely happen because you will have the majority of pax in a smaller public area - doesn’t matter which way you look at it. Obviously, it will add even more pax in that same smaller sundeck area if the 30 additional cabins are not included in the suite allocation i.e. according to the OP’s first post, none of the additional cabins would have access to The Retreat. Therefore, it will reduce the current public space because at least 60 more pax will be permitted to use the general sundeck area, and this public space will have already been cut because of the removal of the sundeck above being converted into The Retreat.

Well, on Edge, they have kept pax in the cabin that they originally booked and some are in classes that they didn’t want to be in. I presume they will move you to a cabin in the same class that you have booked if the configuration for that cabin is altered after the refit. I can see this happening to those that have booked a FV on M class with only 2 persons in, which has been reported on these boards lately, and then X reclassify the cabin after the Revolution i.e. they’ll move them to a balcony cabin in a different location when the booked cabin suddenly becomes Aqua or a Family Suite.

With regards to the overcrowding on the sundeck, I’ve said this would be inevitable from the very first press release. It will definitely happen because you will have the majority of pax in a smaller public area - doesn’t matter which way you look at it. Obviously, it will add even more pax in that same smaller sundeck area if the 30 additional cabins are not included in the suite allocation i.e. according to the OP’s first post, none of the additional cabins would have access to The Retreat. Therefore, it will reduce the current public space because at least 60 more pax will be permitted to use the general sundeck area, and this public space will have already been cut because of the removal of the sundeck above being converted into The Retreat.

This would be true if zero pax decided to use The Retreat which seems unlikely unless they don’t include a pool on the M Class ships. (Still wondering where they are going to fit that.) So yes, you have 60 additional pax from new cabins but you have around 100 Suite pax that would have access to the Retreat which would still be a net minus 40 pax from the current situation. Yes, not all Suite pax might use the Retreat but not all of the new cabins pax might use the regular sundecks. And remember that the sundeck at the front of the ship is probably the least used on average so by putting The Retreat there they will now have a higher number of people using that space than in the past, which only makes it better or at least not any worse around the main pool area.

This would be true if zero pax decided to use The Retreat which seems unlikely unless they don’t include a pool on the M Class ships. (Still wondering where they are going to fit that.) So yes, you have 60 additional pax from new cabins but you have around 100 Suite pax that would have access to the Retreat which would still be a net minus 40 pax from the current situation. Yes, not all Suite pax might use the Retreat but not all of the new cabins pax might use the regular sundecks. And remember that the sundeck at the front of the ship is probably the least used on average so by putting The Retreat there they will now have a higher number of people using that space than in the past, which only makes it better or at least not any worse around the main pool area.

There will be fewer suite guests using a larger space than the amount of guests per square footage not allowed to utilise the new space. And as all the additional cabins do not have access to The Retreat, they will be in addition to those current pax using the reduced area.

Unsure if you have sailed on Reflection during the height of the summer, but there are very few, if any, free sunloungers on sea days - hence bodies inches apart sprawled all over the lawn.