Cruising Carnival Legend Nov. 27, 2011 - Opinions Please

msjazzymiss

My husband and I are scheduled to cruise the Legend out of Tampa in November. I have cruised on Carnival many time but this is my first on the Legend. Can anyone give me the pro's or con's on this ship? Any recommendation on shore excrusions both provided by Carnival as well as independent tour companies?

• 1 month later...

I'm on the same cruise as you :) I would really like to get the fun times schedules so I could start planning my days! I'm really frustrated with trying to pick an excursion at the ports. So many choices! I got a suite and I am wondering if it is worth it. I hope so! Last time I did it was the same thing as a balcony from a previous ship I had been on.

I will be on the same cruise. I have sail on the Legend once before and love this ship. One of the thing I liked was it never seemed to be crowded. The only time it got congested was on formal nights when people were having pictures taken. Lot of areas to relax and people watch.

One of the areas I missed before and want to check out is the Enchanted Forest.

Enjoy you cruise, I know you will.

Naoma

My husband and I are scheduled to cruise the Legend out of Tampa in November. I have cruised on Carnival many time but this is my first on the Legend. Can anyone give me the pro's or con's on this ship? Any recommendation on shore excrusions both provided by Carnival as well as independent tour companies?

Legend has been our favorite cruise. Easy ship to get around on and Tampa an easy port in and out.

As far as excursions, I would recommend Rony's Tours (independent) when you get to Roatan. We've used them twice and had a great time.

See the string rays in Grand Cayman, Mayan ruins in Belize and Cozumel makes for a great beach day.

Have fun.

We loved the Legend, feel free to read my review about our trip.There are lots of reviews of the Legend if you put it in the search box.

I ditto Rony's in Roatan, The Cozumel Bar Hop tour was lots of fun even though we don't drink much, the scenic less traveled part of the island was beautiful. We'll be going to Cayman in Jan. and will do a short tour there. We only walked around a little when we were there from the Legend. We visited with family in Belize so I can't speak about what to do there.

We also enjoyed Tampa during our brief stay there.

Enjoy your cruise.

is sailing under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. Should be around 6:30pm. Go up to the funnel deck and see how close the top of the funnel comes to the bottom of the bridge.

I'd have liked it better if we had sailed in summer when it wasn't dark. We sailed in December and I think OP is going in November. The bridge is lit up and still very pretty, but I'd love to do it again when it's not dark. :)

I'm on the same cruise as you :) I would really like to get the fun times schedules so I could start planning my days! I'm really frustrated with trying to pick an excursion at the ports. So many choices! I got a suite and I am wondering if it is worth it. I hope so! Last time I did it was the same thing as a balcony from a previous ship I had been on.

i have the funtimes/capers link posted in our roll call,

also a discount code for excursions from carnival that is only good until this friday. and its been a great place to discuss excursions/ what to do in the ports. the countdown is on 18 days yeah!!

Archived