Just off the Dream!!!!

So we are finally leaving ATL and I have a min to post...

I will write a review with lots of pics when I get home but I can answer questions if anyone has any :)

I have some loves and dislikes but overall it was a fantastic cruise :)

Main thoughts... I loved the steakhouse... Totally worth it. I never felt like there were 4000+ people on board with the exception on disembarking (which still went fairly smooth).. I made my early flight of 11:15 ;)

Loved Jaime and Gumbie (who I thought was the green bendy character until I realized its just a guy with a nickname lol)

My DH did not like Gumbie... He was a tad feminine and obnoxious but I thought he was hilarious. He left when we did for 5 weeks vacation.

More to come... (I had FTTF too.... I'll let u know if it was worth it)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Just got home from this cruise as well, one word.....FANTASTIC, I have no complaints at all.

We did FTTF- totally worth it and won't sail again without purchasing it. I would recommend to anyone unless you are already platinum or higher.

The steakhouse was beyond fabulous. It was sooooo good. I am thinking of the food still, lol.

We thought the service on every level of the ship was perfection. I really tried to think of a negative and I have to say I cannot think of a one. I am a pretty picky person too. The ship was very, very clean which I loved.

It was so much fun and I too thought Jaime was great! She added to our trip!

Planning our next already, made Carnival customers exclusively out of our family. :D

I was on her in October and I must say its the only ship I recommend (have not been on the Breeze yet though) and everything was very good to excellent.

Dream seems to be the only ship I recommend too, and I have been on Breeze. Dream is still easily my favorite!

We had Jaime & Gumbie the last time we sailed Dream. We really enjoyed them. They had just been thrown into those positions at the last second too, literally.

Im so glad to hear others here say the same thing that she is fabulous!

The Steakhouse was so good that we dined there five out of seven nights, the only thing I didn't care for much we all found the French onion soup to be very very strong/rich, other than that everything was amazing.

Lorij- its up to you what you like but Carnival doesn't give any perks having a suite like NCL does or other cruise lines. Just think how often you be in that room, we always get balcony but we wouldn't consider suites unless we got a deal that we could not pass up only because we never really use our balcony, in the room to dress, shower or sleep.

I only can talk all positive about the Dream :rolleyes::o

I am glad you enjoyed it. We went on it when it was still too new and the crew had not had the time to get to know the boat fully. (The cruise was so bad we nicknamed it the nightmare). I highly recommend the outdoor barbeque on the main deck (if it is still running). We found out about it on the second to last day and it was some of the best food on the ship.

I find that the mid sized ships have more deck space per person and provide a better cruise (Legend) but are trying a slightly larger ship this time.

I too sailed on the Dream from the 4th-11th. Wow, unbelievable trip. The ship was outstanding, I will have to think long and hard about any ship negatives. I will say the French side of St Marteen sucked because everything was closed for "French Liberation" day

The Steakhouse was so good that we dined there five out of seven nights, the only thing I didn't care for much we all found the French onion soup to be very very strong/rich, other than that everything was amazing.

:rolleyes::o

I am so glad to hear someone else feel the same about the French Onion soup. I think they use too much red wine in it. I love a good French Onion soup but theirs sucks!

Sailing on the Dream in November, Can't wait!!!!!

I too sailed on the Dream from the 4th-11th. Wow, unbelievable trip. The ship was outstanding, I will have to think long and hard about any ship negatives. I will say the French side of St Marteen sucked because everything was closed for "French Liberation" day

Gotta love those "lazy" French!:o

When I was on the Dream last year, we were in St. Marteen during the Asomption holiday, and everything was closed. I really wanted to go check out that fort they have right by the market. Thankfully, my travel companion is French, and she found a place that was opened, chatted animatedly with the owner and got us directions to an awesome bakery that was down the street from the market. Best food ever! According to my friend, even on holidays, bakeries are open everyday, because most French people get bread daily. The hours just vary based on the day (like on holidays and Sundays, the bakeries are probably only open from 7 or 8am to noon). St. Marteen is kind of cool though. One side you have French license plates, the other side you have Dutch license plates

Will be on the Dream in February. Not sure of what to do in St Martin yet. Been to Nassau a few times so that's one to figure out as well.

Im not a fan of Nassau so we just walked around and went to Senor Frogs since we were there for such a short time.

St Martin,make sure the French arent on some holiday, and if they arent there is plenty to do in terms of shopping, excursions etc there. French side looked great but everything was closed due to French Liberation day.

Can't wait for your review! Glad you had a great cruise!! I have to agree with your husband with regard to Gumbie! He was on our Pride cruise last year and I thought he was sooo obnoxious and overheard him and a few other staff bad mouthing guests as we were disembarking at one of our ports!! Thought it was totally unprofessional!

we have a couple weeks until we sail her again. we love this ship. speaking of gumby, we had him when we went during a halloween cruise and you guessed it he was dressed up as gumby the green bendable guy.

Archived