Nassau in December ?

brwngyal124

My friends and I will be in Nassau the second weekend of December. We've never been to Nassau in the "winter". Can anyone that has gone during that time before tell me what the weather is like. What's the water like ? Is it still warm out just with a cool breeze ? Should we not go in the water because it's freezing ? Just trying to get an idea of what it'll be like. Thank you.

The weather in Nassau is very similar to South Florida. December can vary greatly, if a strong cold front makes it that far.

The average High is around 80 and average low in the upper 60s. Water temps average 77-78 in December according to an Internet search.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
My friends and I will be in Nassau the second weekend of December. We've never been to Nassau in the "winter". Can anyone that has gone during that time before tell me what the weather is like. What's the water like ? Is it still warm out just with a cool breeze ? Should we not go in the water because it's freezing ? Just trying to get an idea of what it'll be like. Thank you.

We're going in December also, and I was curious about the water temps also. Our 8 year old really wants to snorkel.

This issue just occurred to me too for our new years cruise. Is the water park at Atlantis even worth it at that time of year? We are from Arizona. At 80 degrees we are wearing hooded sweatshirts!
We're in az too!! Totally true! I wear sweatshirts to bed now and it's in the 70's at night.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

Dry weather in AZ is MUCH different than in Nassau. 80's in Nassau and it's quite hot. Just wait until the week of the cruise and see how the weather and water temp is and make a decision then.

We are also going to Nassau in December. We found the ocean water there a bit cold in April 2015. This year, water temperatures have been unusually warm and I am optimistic for warmer December waters. No idea if pool temps will benefit also!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums