Another Sydney train question

DT1304

Hi all,

My family will be staying at the Rydges World Square in December the night before our cruise. There are 5 of us and we will probably have 4 suitcases.

I am then having my parents in law meet us at the hotel on the day of the cruise with their 2 suitcases.

So with 7 of us and 6 suitcases, how easy will it be to get a train from Museum Station (only about 200m from the hotel) to Circular Quay. This will be at about 11am on a Friday so not peak hour. Or would you suggest another form of transport?

Hi all,

My family will be staying at the Rydges World Square in December the night before our cruise. There are 5 of us and we will probably have 4 suitcases.

I am then having my parents in law meet us at the hotel on the day of the cruise with their 2 suitcases.

So with 7 of us and 6 suitcases, how easy will it be to get a train from Museum Station (only about 200m from the hotel) to Circular Quay. This will be at about 11am on a Friday so not peak hour. Or would you suggest another form of transport?

It will be easy at that time of day. Just check whether Museum Station has a lift, for your luggage.

It will be easy at that time of day. Just check whether Museum Station has a lift, for your luggage.

A quick look at the Sydney trains website indicates that Museum does have a lift. Last time we stayed at Rydges World Square we could't find the lift at Museum station. Perhaps it depends which entrance you use.

Leigh

These is definitely a lift at museum but took me many visits to find it so you may need to ask. As long as everyone can manage their own suitcase that should be fine. There is a short walk at either end of that trip so if you feel anyone can't manage another option would be to fit all the luggage and as many people as you can into a maxi taxi and then whoever is left can jump on the train luggage-free and meet you at the cruise terminal.

Thanks all,

We have done this trip many times before, but I have always hired a car and it is also usually 5 of us, not 7 of us.

We can manage our luggage for the 2 short walks so will use the train. Thanks very much for all your replies.

No. The fare for 7 by train will be at most $24.22 - assuming all adults. It would be even less if children are travelling or at off-peak times (as sounds likely).

Oops I thought they meant the airport run. Obviously taxi will be way less than I quoted too.

Oops I thought they meant the airport run. Obviously taxi will be way less than I quoted too.

Yeah mate, its just for the short run from Museum station to circular quay.

We going to go the train option as it will be the easiest for all of us so get there together.