? about elite laundry

sue gill

so my last cruise in june was my first elite [free] laundry . I gave them my laundry Tuesday night and didn't get it back until Saturday night.so during the cruise I need something washed and they gave me washer and dryer tokens[i ask for them]. I was going to pay but they said because I am elite they were free.so can I just pass up the landry service and just get free tockens to wash my own. or was that a one time deal. they did snag a brand new shirt .

No, I think you only got the tokens because it was an unusual case. I've never had them take that long with Elite laundry. Three days has been the longest. You should've had your stuff back on Friday IME. And yeah, the laundry service isn't the best and definitely not like it is at home but the service at home costs a lot more. ;)

Only time I received tokens (which I asked for) was when laundry wasn’t being returned for at least seven days and I was running out of basics as I wasn’t used to nor had I expected my laundry to take that long. 72-96 hour return isn’t unusual.

so my last cruise in june was my first elite [free] laundry . I gave them my laundry Tuesday night and didn't get it back until Saturday night.so during the cruise I need something washed and they gave me washer and dryer tokens[i ask for them]. I was going to pay but they said because I am elite they were free.so can I just pass up the landry service and just get free tockens to wash my own. or was that a one time deal. they did snag a brand new shirt .

I'd be OK with that!! What ship? Did you go to passenger services and ask for them?

Only time I received tokens (which I asked for) was when laundry wasn’t being returned for at least seven days and I was running out of basics as I wasn’t used to nor had I expected my laundry to take that long. 72-96 hour return isn’t unusual.

Pam, in your experience, how many elites does it take on board to create a long turn around time? Is it holiday cruises, TA, longer cruises? Not sure if you've asked how many are on board before. Just curious. I know you have a lot of experience with these things.

Thank you, Jenny

Pam, in your experience, how many elites does it take on board to create a long turn around time? Is it holiday cruises, TA, longer cruises? Not sure if you've asked how many are on board before. Just curious. I know you have a lot of experience with these things.
The longer itineraries (over ten days) tend to have a lot of Elites and I tend to take longer cruises. :) Cruises of seven days or less seem to have no problems. On my Island Princess 19-day cruise a year ago, the turnaround was 3-4 days. A lot of Elites onboard. We received a notice on embarkation day that turnaround would be at least 72 hours. Don’t know why but the Royal (and, I assume, the Regal) seem to have the longest turnaround times. I’ve taken three cruises on the Royal and the turnaround was 4-8 days, even on a 10-day cruise.

The longer itineraries (over ten days) tend to have a lot of Elites and I tend to take longer cruises. :) Cruises of seven days or less seem to have no problems. On my Island Princess 19-day cruise a year ago, the turnaround was 3-4 days. A lot of Elites onboard. We received a notice on embarkation day that turnaround would be at least 72 hours. Don’t know why but the Royal (and, I assume, the Regal) seem to have the longest turnaround times. I’ve taken three cruises on the Royal and the turnaround was 4-8 days, even on a 10-day cruise.

Thanks Pam :)

A tip.

When the laundry service completes your wash it posts a charge to your on board account. That means laundry is done. When you send in laundry watch your account each day. Once you see the posting ask your cabin steward to retrieve your laundry. The credit offsetting the charge will appear later.

Our initial awareness of this process

We had a 72 hour notice on a cruise. We sent in laundry and noticed the charge the next day. We asked the steward to check for the laundry. His reply was it will take 3 days. We requested, please check anyway, we believe it is done. To his surprise it was ready. We never waited more than two days the entire cruise. Once we saw the charge we informed the cabin steward.

A tip.

When the laundry service completes your wash it posts a charge to your on board account. That means laundry is done. When you send in laundry watch your account each day. Once you see the posting ask your cabin steward to retrieve your laundry. The credit offsetting the charge will appear later.

Our initial awareness of this process

We had a 72 hour notice on a cruise. We sent in laundry and noticed the charge the next day. We asked the steward to check for the laundry. His reply was it will take 3 days. We requested, please check anyway, we believe it is done. To his surprise it was ready. We never waited more than two days the entire cruise. Once we saw the charge we informed the cabin steward.

Thanks for that. I never noticed.