Muse Maiden From Montreal - Sept 28-Oct 12 - Montreal to FLL

Master Echo

Sitting at the airport awaiting our flight to Montreal, I am reflecting on my forthcoming cruise on Silver Muse that starts there on September 28th.

I sailed on her in April on her inaugural cruise and it will be interesting to see what changes if any have been made. During the intervening months there has been great dialogue on these boards about passengers' thoughts on the ship. I know that on the cruise which sails from FLL after we disembark, that they are returning to the SS format of dress code shipwide, rather than dependent on which dining venue you choose. They are also enlarging the Atlantide restaurant which quite naturally has proved extremely popular.

I am very aware that there are a great number of CCers who are sailing on this voyage and I would be delighted if they feel able to contribute their thoughts on the Muse.

On a very sad note, Duct Tape was booked on this cruise and Sir and Madame discussed this when we met at the Muse's Christening in Monte Carlo in April, but she passed away shortly after.

Several pre-embarkation trips around Canada await, before embarkation on Thursday, but it is the cruise to which I am looking forward the most. Hopefully I will have the pleasure of meeting you all at the M&Ms and putting faces to noms de plume.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Fair Winds and Following seas for your Muse voyage Master Echo.

Look very forward to reading your second Muse voyage impressions vis-a-vis the your wonderfully descriptive postings from the Muse inaugural cruise.

Also, look forward to reading the first Muse voyage impressions/thoughts of many of your fellow Silversea cruise critics too. And hopefully, all of you (or just a few) will also post some snaps on your voyage.

Two cats are going to board on 28th September.:) We will keep anonymous and observe. After mid-October, we will begin posting some reports, again section by section as we did before. Hoping for good luck and calm seas ... meow!

If I see someone with a tape measure, I will not blow your cover!

We shall be on the Muse for the Nov. 17 cruise from Buenos Aires to Bridgetown. So we will follow your expert infomation very closely. We are a German couple 66 and 70 and wonder how many more Germans will be on board.

Don't forget to sign up for the meet and mingle for your voyage, we are close to having enough to have a CC party.

Thank you. Very good idea. I am pretty new on this boeard. How do I sign up?

Guten Tag, ansa42. Welcome to the boards. You can try this link to sign up for your Meet and Mingle party: https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/entry_cl.cfm?ship=1104

If that doesn't work, go to this page: https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcall/cruiselinel2.cfm?cruiselineid=35 and pick Silver Muse from the drop-down menu, then fill in your information on the next page.

Bon voyage to all!

I am certain you will have an amazing time aboard the Muse.

One question, knowing there are changes afoot for the restaurant venue driven dress/attire requirements, how are you handling or did you handle the dress code in terms of packing?

Dear Spinnaker 2 and anyone else who may wish to know.

Sir and Madame opted for a range of attire that would fulfil all current requirements, as we are pretty certain that the "new regime" on both dress code for specific restaurants, and reservation necessity, will not come into effect until we leave on October 12, God bless free laundry!!

I will borrow one of Sir's bowties should the need arise.

Kindest regards

Master Echo

Echo strongly what spinnaker2/Candy says above--we look very forward to the Montreal to Ft. Lauderdale Muse cruise critic posts. Have a smooth transition day boarding tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our whistle stop tour of South Eastern Canada came to an end today with a day trip to Quebec City by train.

The Muse was dwarfed by Crystal Serenity, both docked, an easy walk from the old town.

Our paths crossed with two Filipino crew ashore for a few hours. We recognised them and they said hello having recognised us: ah - that Silversea family again.

After a long unseasonally hot spell, the heavens opened around 5 pm which might have dampened the enthusiasm for those planning to eat at the grill this evening during the transit up the St Lawrence to Montreal.

We have heard from an officer onboard that the cruise now drawing to a close has had a friendly warm atmosphere

Oh dear the vagaries of Cruise Critic!!

As I was saying the atmosphere onboard was obviously very good and I look forward to this continuing for us all from tomorrow.

Yesterday during our exploration of Montreal we passed by Embtsam's hotel which we trust she has enjoyed.

Can't wait for the gathering of the clans tomorrow!

Kindest regards

Master Echo