Dividend increase

caribill

Thank you so much for this fantastic news!

We first purchased our stock from within our 401K, just moving funds around. When my husband retired a few years ago, we decided to take the 401K and have a financial planner invest so we could make more money to cruise.

When we met with him, we told him that he could have access to all the funds and make us money - EXCEPT- he had to repurchase the 100 shares we had to sell to obtain the 401K money.

So the stock was purchased back, just days after we sold it, and our planner is just so excited with how well the stock has performed since the purchase (about 4 years ago.) So are we. And it's been used for at least ten cruises since!

I just wish that I had purchased more than the 100 share requirement. It has been a great investment.

Yes, I wish I had my wife's account also buy 100 shares even though not needed for the benefit. We would have benefited financially very nicely. And if we ever needed two cabins, well there you go. Hate to buy more in this hot market. Maybe shoulda/coulda taken advantage of the dip immediately post-hurricanes.

I'll be a little contrarian, although I recognize that they need to keep the stockholders happy too, but as someone taking cruises, I'd almost rather see them invest that money into things that would stop some of the nickle and diming that keeps creeping in. I've got to think an extra $150 million a year put back into the cruising experience would help some. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining at getting more money, and with the way the share price has gone up they almost have to raise the dividend just so the yield doesn't look bad, but I'm probably not exactly going to retire on the money I'm getting as dividends from Princess :).