Tips on sleeping arrangements with toddler?

kimstoess

This is our first cruise with our son who now is too big for a portable crib. Any ideas of something we can buy to keep him safe at night? I wish we could keep him in a portable crib but he would 100% be able to climb out of it.

Noone is going to be able to help you without knowing the ship and type of cabin. EM

I'm sorry. We are going on the Allure Of The Seas in a Crown Loft Room. I've seen some items at the store where it's almost like a tent so the child can't escape because it zips up at night. Has anyone used anything like this before?

RCI uses P&P's..not cribs. If you can bring your tent bed, you are allowed. Some folks simply turn the sofa around, so they won't "fall off"...but a climber can still escape! I don't see how him getting out of bed would be "unsafe"....you'll be no more than 1 step away and will hear him!

RCI uses P&P's..not cribs. If you can bring your tent bed, you are allowed. Some folks simply turn the sofa around, so they won't "fall off"...but a climber can still escape! I don't see how him getting out of bed would be "unsafe"....you'll be no more than 1 step away and will hear him!

I think I'm worried about falling asleep and not hearing him get out of bed. I'm so worried about him going on the balcony or trying to go to the stairs and doing something stupid. He is a little boy that thinks he is a daredevil and can't get hurt :(

You could probably figure out a way to block the stairs and a balcony door is nearly impossible to open. The lock is usually up high too.

We’ve always moved from PNP to couch bed to just bedsharing which is easiest tbh. We also sometimes bring a travel cot.

My guy is a daredevil but usually sleeps so well on cruises

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think I'm worried about falling asleep and not hearing him get out of bed. I'm so worried about him going on the balcony or trying to go to the stairs and doing something stupid. He is a little boy that thinks he is a daredevil and can't get hurt :(

I would have been more concerned about booking the category cabin (Crown Loft) that you chose with those stairs than I would be about the sleeping arrangements.

The sliders have a top child lock but even so those doors are heavy to slide.

Best of luck.

You booked a cabin where he would be sleeping downstairs and you upstairs? A toddler? I would be more worried about him oprning the hall door and going out and about on the ship than going onto the balcony...EM

Just my thoughts, but from my experience, I believe the balcony door and room door will be too heavy for him to do anything with. Our 3 year old couldn't get it last year. I would be more concerned about the steps. You could check with Royal to see if they have a gate to place across the steps. If you are driving you could probably pack and bring your own. Or, admittedly, co-sleeping is easier.

Just my thoughts, but from my experience, I believe the balcony door and room door will be too heavy for him to do anything with. Our 3 year old couldn't get it last year. I would be more concerned about the steps. You could check with Royal to see if they have a gate to place across the steps. If you are driving you could probably pack and bring your own. Or, admittedly, co-sleeping is easier.
Have you tried co sleeping on vacation (cruise or otherwise) where you don't ordinarily do it at home? Our daughter will be 2 when we cruise and I am wondering if this would work (she sleeps in a crib in her own room at home).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Have you tried co sleeping on vacation (cruise or otherwise) where you don't ordinarily do it at home? Our daughter will be 2 when we cruise and I am wondering if this would work (she sleeps in a crib in her own room at home).

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Even at home our son ends up in our bed at some point every night. He wakes up and comes to us. Unfortunately we all have some sort of sleep issues in our house and admittedly, I took the easy road of allowing this for the sake of getting sleep. I think if you are very clear with her that this arrangement is only on the boat she could understand that home is crib and boat is different.