Ooosterdam 8th deck all the way aft question

Scubaqn

Hello all, booked my first HAL for November. So excited! Searched this forum and hal facts but no info. Am wondering if anyone has the answer to this question: are the balconies any bigger on deck 8 for the verandas that are not the suite aft wraps? Or are they like other side verandas? TIA!

If you look closely at the deck plan you will see that the rooms at the outside are slightly wider. So, their decks are wider. The two middle rooms are narrower, but longer. My guess is that with a tape measure they would all have about the same square footage.

Rather then worry about the deck size I would think about the room shape. Short and squat or long and skinny.( exageration ) None of them are bad, just a little different.

If you look closely at the deck plan you will see that the rooms at the outside are slightly wider. So, their decks are wider.
Right! We once had Noordam 4178 and it was about one foot wider. It made getting by the end of the bed easier, and two people could pass in the hallway. I had forgotten about that! :)

Thank you for the replies. I guess I wasn't very clear. I am wondering if the veranda aft cabins at the back of the ship that face the wake like the one photo above 8134 is a larger balcony than a cabin at faces the side of the ship such as 8124.

Definitely YES. The aft balcony cabins are the same width as your cabin, but much deeper. The cabins are also a few feet deeper. You have room for 2 full sized lounge chairs, facing the railing and a regular chair plus a table. The only drawback to deck 8 aft balconies are possible noise in the early mornings when the crew is hosing off and cleaning the aft, deck 9, Lido pool deck. Some people have mentioned hearing chairs being moved around.

If you have a choice of deck for your aft balcony, select deck 4. We love the deck 4 aft balconies, because they are at the extreme back of the ship. When you lean your elbows on the railing of your balcony all you will see is water, the ship's wake and occasional dolphins. Due to the tiered nature of the back of the ships, all decks above deck 4 are further back, and when you look down, you see other balconies and the people in them.

We have has aft balconies on Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam, and we have a 28 day South Pacific cruise on the Eurodam in 2019 in a deck 4 aft balcony. There is a little motion, usually when the ship is sailing in high swells, maybe 10 - 12 or more feet.

Thank you for the replies. I guess I wasn't very clear. I am wondering if the veranda aft cabins at the back of the ship that face the wake like the one photo above 8134 is a larger balcony than a cabin at faces the side of the ship such as 8124.
Yes, they are about 4' deeper than the standard side balconies, which are 6'.

Something else to consider. Your deck 8 aft balcony will be directly beneath deck 9 aft pool loungers and cruisers using them, dragging them. How to you feel about noise? The deck 9 sea view bar is located not directly above but close enough.