Tracy Arm Fjord Updates

chelle1715

Today Grand Princess stopped at the split at Sawyer island. In a dozen trips 11 have stopped here. Yesterday I sailed with Adventure Bound from Juneau and spent 2 hours at the face of South Sawyer Glacier. No comparison with the cruise ship.

I love Tracy Arm up close but by cruise ship is about the worst Alaska choice you can make for your Glacier viewing IMHO

Today Grand Princess stopped at the split at Sawyer island. In a dozen trips 11 have stopped here. Yesterday I sailed with Adventure Bound from Juneau and spent 2 hours at the face of South Sawyer Glacier. No comparison with the cruise ship.

I love Tracy Arm up close but by cruise ship is about the worst Alaska choice you can make for your Glacier viewing IMHO

And according to your profile it looks like you have the experience to speak to if! ;) I mean...does Princess just give you keys to the shop to take whenever you want?

Friends were on princess a couple weeks ago and had an incredible viewing at Tracy Arm...got further than any ship this season.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My party of 9 just did this excursion from the Emerald Princess 6/19. It was beyond incredible and everyone's favorite excursion. Our group was aged 9-85, everyone loved it. My son was not enthusiastic about being "stuck on a small boat for 6 hours" but he quickly changed his tune. We saw sea lions, glaciers up close (South and North Sawyer), whales, bald eagles, and seals. They had coffee, tea, & hot chocolate for everyone and you could purchase other drinks and food items.

They had coffee, tea, & hot chocolate for everyone and you could purchase other drinks and food items.

This begs the question: paid by cash/credit/ATM card or Princess (or whatever line) cruise card?

This begs the question: paid by cash/credit/ATM card or Princess (or whatever line) cruise card?
If it's an Allen Marine run trip (and most if not all of them are), they took cash or credit card on my excursion a couple weeks ago. No ship's credit though.

2 yrs ago we were on RCL Explorer thru TAFjords.

The ship went very close to glacier circle 2- 3 times and left. It was awesome. We were as closed as we could get and as close as any other ship..

But they apparently say that to every ship...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just arrived in Juneau - the Celebrity Solstice was not able to get into Tracy Arm today. Did Endicott instead, and it was breathtaking. The small boat excursions were all cancelled, however, due to the extensive ice. Captain said it was the most ice he’s personally seen.

I have been in both Tracy Arm and Endicott Arm. They are both beautiful. It amazes me how the amount of ice seems to change day to day. I guess that is part of the beauty and magic of Alaska. We were able to get into Tracy Arm in early June.

Sailing in three weeks on Emerald Princess and would like to know if any ships have gotten to the glacier or close enough for good viewing. We are trying to decide whether or not to stay on the ship or get on the catamaran.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Just got home from our awesome Alaska cruise! We were able to go into Tracey Arm Fjord. It was beautiful. We did get to see Sawyer Glacier. We did not do the catamaran. Words and pics will never be able to describe or show the beauty of the Fjord or Alaska. Looking forward to going back in the future.

Just got home from our awesome Alaska cruise! We were able to go into Tracey Arm Fjord. It was beautiful. We did get to see Sawyer Glacier. We did not do the catamaran. Words and pics will never be able to describe or show the beauty of the Fjord or Alaska. Looking forward to going back in the future.

Fantastic to hear. Happy for you. Fingers crossed for us.