Princess Air screw up

jonikal

But that thread is also a year old. There's no new information in it.

There is new information in the thread as it now links to another which tells another side of the same complaint. It may be a year old but that doesn't mean it's not useful to anyone undertaking some research. That's why old threads are left available and not deleted.

I agree. Too often we see threads that are the reflections of one side of a story; those threads should not stand as-is when we have access to further information that tells even part of the other side of the story.

But that thread is also a year old. There's no new information in it.
There is new information in the thread as it now links to another which tells another side of the same complaint. It may be a year old but that doesn't mean it's not useful to anyone undertaking some research. That's why old threads are left available and not deleted.
I agree. Too often we see threads that are the reflections of one side of a story; those threads should not stand as-is when we have access to further information that tells even part of the other side of the story.
The thread linked to in post 18 is this one: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2551929

That thread was started on 9 October 2017 at 0823 UTC. The last post to that thread was on 10 October 2017 at 2034 UTC. It's all a year old.

No, that's done by making useful posts to live threads with relevant up-to-date information that helps other CCers.

But you have repeatedly responded in this thread, which you view as dead, and added no 'relevant up-to-date information that helps other CCers'. Despite your assertion, the thread does link to another thread and so provides a more complete picture of an issue, an issue which may repeat when weather affects travel plans as it often does.

Best to leave it there as I have better ways to spend my time.

But you have repeatedly responded in this thread, which you view as dead, and added no 'relevant up-to-date information that helps other CCers'.
Five of us have now separately pointed out that the substantive discussion in this thread is a year old, that the thread to which a (bare and unexplained) link was posted to is also a year old. Necroposting simply confuses.

Five of us have now separately pointed out that the substantive discussion in this thread is a year old, that the thread to which a (bare and unexplained) link was posted to is also a year old. Necroposting simply confuses.

So four have wasted their time as, for those who are not hard-of-reading, the first observation was clear enough.

Confusion? Dates are quite clearly displayed.

A year old? Then why bother to keep coming back to add nothing other than an expression of your disapproval which not everyone shares?

And I really must leave it there. There is little point in continuing with someone who appears to want to regulate CC and who is unable to accept that there is more than one point of view.

Confusion? Dates are quite clearly displayed.
You've been around here long enough to see what confusion can be caused when old threads are dredged up, even though the dates are displayed. And not only on this IBB, if you participate in more than one.

A year old? Then why bother to keep coming back to add nothing other than an expression of your disapproval which not everyone shares?
Most people who've posted to this thread since you bumped it with a bare link seem to share my view.

There is little point in continuing with someone who appears to want to regulate CC ...
CC's own guidelines ask you not to bump if you're not adding anything of value. A bare link which caused most of us to go "huh" is pretty close to that.