Cruise planner and reservations

mawvkysc

After multiple attempts by both my mom and I she was finally able to link all six of us to a MTD reservation for night one. This morning I checked and it still isn’t showing up on my calendar. Does it normally sync to all guests planners?

Honestly it was so much work and so frustrating that we are just going to wing it for the other nights. On CCL we never had a problem with walk up. Hope it’s the same on this mid November cruise.

After multiple attempts by both my mom and I she was finally able to link all six of us to a MTD reservation for night one. This morning I checked and it still isn’t showing up on my calendar. Does it normally sync to all guests planners?

Honestly it was so much work and so frustrating that we are just going to wing it for the other nights. On CCL we never had a problem with walk up. Hope it’s the same on this mid November cruise.

When you get onboard or either you wait until you go to dinner the first night and make your reservations for the rest of the week with the hostess there...

There is little need to make reservations or "link" as long as you all have MTD. Simply show up and that's how you'll be seated. It's like a land-based restaurant...they seat your party alone.

If you want a specific time, you can reserve that on the ship.

Several weeks ago I had all our mtd linked for our 2 cabins for 6 of us

They showed on the planner. I emailed the confirmations to myself. Etc etc

I even called the dining phone number and a rather clear well spoken rep also confirm the linking of the 2 cabins dining etc

Everything was fine...all 9 nights linked for the proper times for all 6 of us in 2 cabins Great I thought.

Of course now the planners for each cabin are showing the cabin dining times correctly but not showing them linked

I'll be calling dining again but not today to get them linked

They really just can't get things right on the website can they and one would think they would know this by now and have figured it out. Sheesh

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is little need to make reservations or "link" as long as you all have MTD. Simply show up and that's how you'll be seated. It's like a land-based restaurant...they seat your party alone.

I want mine linked because we are a family of 6 in 2 cabins and I want a table for 6

I don't want to hear the nonsense that they don't have our table ready or they can't seat us together

I want the 6 of us together at the same table for all 9 nights at the same time each night....which is what I arranged for weeks ago and the planner and the person I spoke to confirmed they are linked...but now everything but the link is showing up so that's why I'll be calling this week.it's 7 months away...that should be enough time to get them linked

This sets my mind at ease a little. On other threads some have suggested that a party of 6 Without reservations would have LONG waits.

This sets my mind at ease a little. On other threads some have suggested that a party of 6 Without reservations would have LONG waits.

If you try and dine during prime time...say 6:30-7:30 timeframe then most likely you will have to wait.

This is true no matter your party size....

Well I have 6:30 ressies for our entire cruise but I want them linked because I don't want a table of 2 and a table of 4

I want a table of 6

Thus I'm making sure the ressies are linked and a 6 top table is waiting for us

You can make reservations for 6 without having your reservations linked. When making your reservation there will be an option to “add guests from another reservation”. You just need to know their last name and reservation number.

Well I have 6:30 ressies for our entire cruise but I want them linked because I don't want a table of 2 and a table of 4

I want a table of 6

Thus I'm making sure the ressies are linked and a 6 top table is waiting for us

That’s correct. With fixed dining times you need to have your reservations linked. With MTD you do not need to link reservations.

You can make reservations for 6 without having your reservations linked. When making your reservation there will be an option to “add guests from another reservation”. You just need to know their last name and reservation number.

Add guests from another reservation is what we had such a hard time accomplishing.

That’s correct. With fixed dining times you need to have your reservations linked. With MTD you do not need to link reservations.

I have reservations for mtd. I made them for all 9 nights

We have 2 cruise confirmation numbers as we have 2 cabins

When we all show up at 6:30 I do not want them saying they don't have a table for 6 ready for us

I'm calling tomorrow to make sure they have the reservation for 2 from one cabin and the reservation for 4 from the other cabin duly noted that we are a family of 6

If I don't link them they will not know we are together

I want them to expect a party of 6 not a party of 2 and not a party of 4 but a party of 6

I have no issue calling and speaking to a human about this and asking them why I can no longer see my linked ressies

Prior to the last website update I was easily ably to see all 6 of us from 2 different cabins were set up to eat at the same table at the same time for all 9 nights

They didn't offer me traditional dining

They only offered my mtd dining when I booked

Add guests from another reservation is what we had such a hard time accomplishing.

Exactly

It wasnt terribly difficult but it took some legwork to link them nonetheless a few weeks ago when I did it but now it's disappeared

I have email confirmations of the linking saved fortunately from several weeks ago

Fortunately all 6 of us still have the correct dining times after this "new" website update ...just not linked as far as I can tell

I have mtd

I just made "fixed" dining reservation times in mtd for us and I want them linked

Do not confuse this with linking 2 cabins under traditional dining as we don't have traditional dining

I have reservations for mtd. I made them for all 9 nights

We have 2 cruise confirmation numbers as we have 2 cabins

When we all show up at 6:30 I do not want them saying they don't have a table for 6 ready for us

I'm calling tomorrow to make sure they have the reservation for 2 from one cabin and the reservation for 4 from the other cabin duly noted that we are a family of 6

If I don't link them they will not know we are together

I want them to expect a party of 6 not a party of 2 and not a party of 4 but a party of 6

I have no issue calling and speaking to a human about this and asking them why I can no longer see my linked ressies

Prior to the last website update I was easily ably to see all 6 of us from 2 different cabins were set up to eat at the same table at the same time for all 9 nights

They didn't offer me traditional dining

They only offered my mtd dining when I booked

I just made MTD dining reservations yesterday for our December cruise. 2 cabins, 5 people total. Just added guests from another reservation. Didn’t have to link them.