Different Drink Package Question

Iamcruzin

It's been mentioned on just about every drink package thread that you can cancel the drink package if the price should go down. I was on my cruise planner and I was comparing the different packages on the bottom of the page was this disclaimer.

Prices subject to change without notice, gratuities may be added based on itinerary. Packages cannot be shared and are not transferable. Beverage Package refund requests must be submitted within 48 hours of purchase to be considered. Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries. When ordering a beverage selection onboard, you must present your SeaPass card bearing the package sticker to your server. Package does not include mini bar items and souvenir glassware, specialty beers as listed on bar menus, or super premium category beverages above $12. Package is subject to the terms of Royal Caribbean International’s Alcohol Policy. ©2016 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: The Bahamas 16051036 • 08/10/2016

My son had mentioned to me that when he purchased the drink package in 2016 for the Anthem, the price went down during a Black Friday sale and he was not able to cancel it or have it adjusted by a Royal Caribbean agent.

I was just wondering how you can cancel the drink package a purchase a new one with this disclaimer?

Except that it is kind of a PIA to have to cancel and rebook it. And I was lazy last time and booked the reduced price beverage package along with the reduced price 3 night dining package. So it will probably be a problem if I just want to cancel and rebook the beverage package alone. :rolleyes:

Just looked at the cruise planner for my sailing, and the T & C reads:

On certain sailings, gratuities and taxes are additional and will be applied at check-out. To modify a beverage package purchased prior to the cruise departure date, first, cancel the existing order and second, create a new purchase. Beverage selection is limited to those described in the package details and in Cruise Planner and is subject to change without notice. Package is valid only for the sailing for which it was purchased and is non-transferable. Offer is not combinable with any other offer or promotion. No refunds or credits for unused days. ©2018 Royal Caribbean International.

This is for a March 2019 sailing on Voyager.

Is yours close to the actual sail date?