A few questions about Baltimore cruise port

Jeafl

Is it better for my husband to drop me and the luggage off at the cruise port, then go return the rental car? He would then take a taxi or Uber and meet up with me. Or, is it better for us to both return the rental car then head to the cruise port together?

Is there even a place to sit and wait for him in the terminal? We've done this before in Miami, but we've never cruised out of Baltimore before. The rental car agency is Thrifty if that matters. They do not have a shuttle to the cruise port.

There is no place to sit outside the terminal. If you want to check in together, you'd have to stand there waiting outside. Also, how far is the rental place from the terminal? You might have a bit of a wait to get there.

Would you luggage fit in an uber or cab? If so, I would stay together. Much easier that way, overall.

Are you driving from home in the rental car? You might do better to drive it to a local hotel/motel the night before, turn it in, then take the hotel shuttle to the port in the morning.

What are your plans post-cruise? What will be your transportation then?

Are you driving from home in the rental car? You might do better to drive it to a local hotel/motel the night before, turn it in, then take the hotel shuttle to the port in the morning.

What are your plans post-cruise? What will be your transportation then?

We are flying in tomorrow, and going to Washington DC. The night before the cruise we are staying at the Lord Baltimore hotel. I will check to see if they have a shuttle. We are still deciding how to get back to the airport after the cruise. I am open to suggestions!

Lord Baltimore likely doesn't have a shuttle. Cab/Uber/Lyft. Uber/Lyft is probably 10 or so to the pier from your hotel, depending on the size vehicle you want.

From Cruise Maryland to the airport, Uber/Lyft is around 25-30, again depending on the vehicle...

There is no place to sit outside the terminal. If you want to check in together' date=' you'd have to stand there waiting outside. Also, how far is the rental place from the terminal? You might have a bit of a wait to get there.

Would you luggage fit in an uber or cab? If so, I would stay together. Much easier that way, overall.[/quote']

There will be 4 of us, plus our luggage, so I'm not sure about a Cab or Uber. I think you can request a larger Uber. Does anyone know for sure?

Lord Baltimore likely doesn't have a shuttle. Cab/Uber/Lyft. Uber/Lyft is probably 10 or so to the pier from your hotel, depending on the size vehicle you want.

From Cruise Maryland to the airport, Uber/Lyft is around 25-30, again depending on the vehicle...

Sounds like Uber or Lyft might be the way to go. I checked on the transfer from the port to the airport through Royal Caribbean, and it is $37 a person! That seems pretty expensive!

Have you been participating in the roll call for your cruise? If so, I would post your questions there, as well, in case there are others you can share transportation with or at least get some further ideas.

Too bad it's so close to cruise day; we could have explored some further options. But at any rate, once you are aboard it will be wonderful!

Have you been participating in the roll call for your cruise? If so, I would post your questions there, as well, in case there are others you can share transportation with or at least get some further ideas.

Too bad it's so close to cruise day; we could have explored some further options. But at any rate, once you are aboard it will be wonderful!

Thanks so much for your help! I did sign up for our roll call, but it hasn't been too active for some reason.

We are flying in tomorrow, and going to Washington DC. The night before the cruise we are staying at the Lord Baltimore hotel. I will check to see if they have a shuttle. We are still deciding how to get back to the airport after the cruise. I am open to suggestions!

A group is staying at the Lord Baltimore in Nov. and we are using a shuttle. I'm assuming it is through the hotel. Please let us know how you like the Lord Baltimore.

You could drive through, and drop off the luggage, then drive to the rental car return together and come back via taxi or Uber

Just tell them you are just dropping luggage at the first person you come to.

I have a driver take me (local) as it is about the same price as parking and less hassle. There is a separate line for drop offs.

• 2 weeks later...
A group is staying at the Lord Baltimore in Nov. and we are using a shuttle. I'm assuming it is through the hotel. Please let us know how you like the Lord Baltimore.

Just returned from our cruise. The Lord Baltimore is a beautiful hotel, and a convenient location if you're interested in visiting Inner Harbor. It's definitely an "inner city" location, and just a few blocks away is a sketchy area, but even walking later at night we never felt unsafe. The hotel does not have an airport or cruise port shuttle. The Lord Baltimore has a nice rooftop bar, and the rooms are very clean. There is a bakery in the hotel that has several good breakfast options for a reasonable price. The self Park option is not really convenient, it's several blocks away, so we just did the valet for the extra $10 a night. You do get in and out privileges though. If you have any specific questions, let me know.