What’s the weather toin New Zealand in November?

rhoot

How long is a piece of string?

Unfortunately spring weather in NZ is almost impossible to predict and as such I would come prepared for all seasons and weather.

Clothing you can layer, as well as wet weather gear would be a good idea.

I live in the deep south where in the last week we’ve had everything from warm t-shirt days to snow.

On the 8th November last year, Napier had a daytime high of 24C, while Dunedin hit a nighttime low of 3C. Take from that what you will.

Edited by oskarNZ

We went late November 2016. It was bitterly cold in Milford Sound. I am talking coat, scarf , hat......but so worth it. It is breathtakingly beautiful. The rest of the cruise we had glorious warm weather but NZ can be unpredictable. Ad the others have said layers are the way to go.

Cheers

Belinda

Weather in NZ can be a bit hit and miss.... raining and cold one day, sunny and warm the next.... Generally in November the weather is not too bad, so pack a warm jacket / trousers / jeans, but also pack t-shirts / shorts and a rain coat!

Enjoy your trip to NZ - it's a beautiful place

Pretty easy to google it and get an official report.:)

https://www.accuweather.com/en/nz/auckland/252066/november-weather/252066

Yes am interesting site but the weather in Auckland in November is way different to the South Island for instance .. Nz’s range of latitude makes for significant variation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes am interesting site but the weather in Auckland in November is way different to the South Island for instance .. Nz’s range of latitude makes for significant variation.

sometimes parts of the South Island are warmer than parts of the North Island.... last week for example we were in Christchurch visiting the in-laws and the temperature was 20 degrees Celsius - whereas in Auckland on the same day it was only 18 degrees

I understand that, but any city may be entered for a more detailed weather report for that area, just like the weather in Florida is different than the weather in Montana.:)

Solstice November 8 Sailing...Since we are traveling to New Zealand in early November, which is as I understand it late spring, what should we expect? What to pack?

We went last November. I'd say the coldest that we hit was Dunedin with rain... & Akaroa where had late afternoon rain, but it was still just light jacket weather. Most other days we'd hit what I would call three seasons in one day, cold in the morning (I'm from L.A. too, so our kind of cold, high 40's to low 50's) & then the rest of the day would fluctuate from cool to actually quite warm when the sun would come out from behind clouds. Surprisingly, when we cruised the Sounds, we ended up in shorts & tees, it got quite hot. :) Enjoy, New Zealand has to be one of the most gorgeous places on earth & the people there were wonderful.

Edit to add: I wore jeans most days, with layered tee shirts & light jackets, had a hat that doubled as a rain and sun hat ( a must) If you're going to Australia, I'd recommend some linen shorts or very light skirts, it was almost unbearably hot there. My husband wore tech fabric type slacks most days, with a layer of tee shirt, light fleece, & light jacket. There were days in New Zealand where he wore shorts also.

Edited by cruise kitty

• 2 weeks later...

This November is predicted to be wet for New Zealand. My husband’s work requires them to do long term weather planning, and they are preparing for higher rainfall, but warm days. As others have said, there’s no easy answer to this for NZ spring weather, but have a rainproof jacket, a light sweater, jeans, shorts and tshirts, and you’ll be fine! Enjoy