Infinite Veranda on Celebrity Constellation - we loved it!

wendyam76

Just off a fabulous back to back on Constellation. For the first cruise we booked this stateroom - it’s an Infinity Balcony - like the ones on the Edge and there is only one of these on the whole fleet - well except for those on the Edge!! They were trialling it out on Constellation and a lot of people didn’t believe it existed - some on Cruise Critic thought it was just for show! It’s classified as a C3 - room 7197 - and there is only one of them!

Basically the whole room feels a lot more open. The window comes down with a touch of a button - my mum could manage it. No need to close the shutters which could act like balcony doors. At night there is a blind which comes down, again with a touch of a button. Does make the room a lot darker when sleeping but definitely set an alarm so you don’t sleep in! I’ll try and answer any questions people have but just back yesterday and exhausted!

The rest of the room is just like a Millenium Class Concierge room - it’s just the veranda/balcony area which was remodelled in this room on Constellation.

Oh and these are the second type of chairs I have seen in this room so don’t assume they will be like this on Edge.

e623d69dbce91df6a7371bdd0843266b.jpg460ddf88baff1b0fea7d5643af7a2001.jpg0c8ef2773debb6fa51f8af4ac4c670bf.jpgf2bceb46a30ce7052e224a76f7c0d184.jpg16c15be1dd562263aa8666fe324a67e5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by wendyam76
  • Like 1

WOW

How did you know about this before sailing? Or was it a surprise?

How was the noise?

The internet is a wonderful thing! I spotted something somewhere about this stateroom and we had already planned a B2B on her anyway. I looked to see if the stateroom was available, it was so I booked it onboard last year. The future cruise person had no idea what was special about it. The noise is a bit squeaky when the window goes down but that may be rectified. Our stateroom attendant was very proud of it and I think surprised we knew about it. If you look at updated deck plans for Constellation it is now shown as this type of veranda.

Thank you for the post, we board Equinox in a couple of weeks and will probably book an Edge cruise while on board. Was debating between a suite (to try the new suite amenities) or Aqua Class for the Infinite Veranda. Think we are leaning towards AQ after seeing this.

Please remember that the suite amenities will be amazing - I can’t afford them but wouldn’t turn them down! We actually have booked an Edge cruise - went for concierge and between the time we booked it and a few months later they reclassified the room to Aqua Class! The Persian gardens sound amazing on Edge.

Thank you for the post, we board Equinox in a couple of weeks and will probably book an Edge cruise while on board. Was debating between a suite (to try the new suite amenities) or Aqua Class for the Infinite Veranda. Think we are leaning towards AQ after seeing this.

Be prepared for sticker shock. We booked a AQ for the Edge the first day they were available while sailing. The cost at that time was $1749 pp, with the Go better for a 7 day cruise plus $104 tax. The Sky Suites were a whole lot more. I am sure it was close to $7000 for both of us.

Since then prices have seemed to keep increasing and almost doubled.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks! This is the first real life experience posted about an Infinite Veranda. Those of us going on Edge appreciate the post!

I had searched for ages for information and when I saw others mentioning it some people laughed saying it didn’t exist so I had to share! As long as everyone realises this is just how it is on Constellation and they may make improvements by the time the Edge sets sail - I think this was the whole point of the remodel. I was surprised though that the Hotel Director didn’t ask for our opinion - that to me would have been sensible.

So will Aqua on Summit have this type of room? We have a Aqua aft booked on Summit in May.

Laura

Laura, we were speaking about Aqua on the Edge which will have these type of rooms. However isn’t Summit due for a refit soon? But I don’t want to get your hopes up.

Actually, Summit is going into a dry dock in February/March for about 6 weeks. All the staterooms and going to be gutted (down to the ship's bolts), and completely rebuilt. This includes new beds, new bathroom, etc. There are pictures of it on Celebrity's Facebook page of what the rooms will look like.

They are also completely renovating the main dining room, the Oceanview Cafe, and putting a Suites only retreat on the top deck above the sky lounge. I believe they are also renovating Michael's Club and renaming it to the Retreat Lounge.

Be prepared for sticker shock. We booked a AQ for the Edge the first day they were available while sailing. The cost at that time was $1749 pp, with the Go better for a 7 day cruise plus $104 tax. The Sky Suites were a whole lot more. I am sure it was close to $7000 for both of us.

Since then prices have seemed to keep increasing and almost doubled.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I hear you. We are very loyal Celebrity cruisers (35+ and 7 more booked) and we would love to try the Edge, but can't justify paying the prices. The ones we have looked at are literally double the price of the other ships in many cases. Hopefully once the initial thrill is gone, the prices will stabilize. Truthfully I am shocked at how much money people are willing to spend just to be on the newest ships. I guess I was built differently. I love their current ships and would rather take two cruises on those, than one on the Edge. Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

I hear you. We are very loyal Celebrity cruisers (35+ and 7 more booked) and we would love to try the Edge, but can't justify paying the prices. The ones we have looked at are literally double the price of the other ships in many cases. Hopefully once the initial thrill is gone, the prices will stabilize. Truthfully I am shocked at how much money people are willing to spend just to be on the newest ships. I guess I was built differently. I love their current ships and would rather take two cruises on those, than one on the Edge. Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

We also looked at edge and sky suites were over 4K per person so we booked MSC yacht club with most of same features for half the price.

Exactly-- though I wonder if the X prices will skyrocket with the "revolutionized" ships--

We will miss the Sky Lounge--we used it daily on our Baltics sailing--both during the am/day and in the evenings it was a great place to be. (Eclipse)

And we made use of it on Silhoutte and Reflection as well.

I hope with the hype of the "revolution" that the MDR offerings improve.

We like the UDP and were sorry they took that away because on one sailing we ate in the specialty restaurants for all meals.

We'll be sailing in AQ and are going to give Blu a try

Question will be whether X will price out loyal pax and how it will compare with offerings in the YC on MSC for example. Suites on X will surely be more $

We were planning on getting to Elite in X so we'd be Black card holders on MSC with the status match. Guess we will be looking for the last cruises on the X ships not "revolutionized" in order to get there and not pay the hype-fees

We like to know what we are paying for and not having deck plans for post revolution ... :o

Thanks for posting .Your photos are great.

Looks very nice...We are booked on EDGE for Jan 2019 AQ with Inf balc..bed by balc... Seems if we leave the balc doors open most of the time, we will be ok with spacing,..

Were you able to look out with a good range of views even though balc had walls on the sides.?

Wish I had known about that prior to my recent B2B on the Connie. I've actually stayed in that cabin before. Oh well. I won't be booking anything on the Edge unless the prices descend dramatically from the stratosphere. As another poster stated, MSC Yacht Club is half the price. Booked for next year.

Thanks for posting .Your photos are great.

Looks very nice...We are booked on EDGE for Jan 2019 AQ with Inf balc..bed by balc... Seems if we leave the balc doors open most of the time, we will be ok with spacing,..

Were you able to look out with a good range of views even though balc had walls on the sides.?

Honestly you don’t notice the balcony doors so there won’t be a problem with spacing even with the bed by the balcony. Views were great, only slightly obstructed looking downwards due to suites on deck 6 having an extended balcony. I don’t think they realised we could look down on them!! I loved the fact nobody could see into our balcony!