Millennium - Potential Balcony Room Change

Addicted2Ships

One for the experts...

I have the option to change my balcony room from 6026 (sweet sixteen) to 6048 (angled balcony).

Would you stick or swap, and why?

Many thanks in advance.

You're going from a 2C to a 2B. Are their any cost difference, or can you use the Captain's Club free one category upgrade?

Both staterooms are the same size -- 170sqft. Are you going to use the extra balcony space of the 2C. There will probably be no lounger out there. Everyone can see down on that extra balcony space from above.

If no cost and free upgrade, I would take the 6048 stateroom.

You're going from a 2C to a 2B. Are their any cost difference, or can you use the Captain's Club free one category upgrade?

Both staterooms are the same size -- 170sqft. Are you going to use the extra balcony space of the 2C. There will probably be no lounger out there. Everyone can see down on that extra balcony space from above.

If no cost and free upgrade, I would take the 6048 stateroom.

Thanks Wine-O

I would potentially use the balcony space.

Does 6048 have a smaller balcony then? I assumed the angled balcony meant that it is similar in size.

I need to check if there is any additional cost but essentially, I should be able to cancel and rebook for no extra cost.

Sent from my G8142 using Forums mobile app

If you are sure the price would be the same, I would say that 6048 has a slight edge.

6026 has a larger balcony.

6048 has a great aft view and is in a more central location.

Here are a couple of relevant threads with pictures:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=849165&highlight=6048

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1428841&highlight=6048

If you are sure the price would be the same, I would say that 6048 has a slight edge.

6026 has a larger balcony.

6048 has a great aft view and is in a more central location.

Here are a couple of relevant threads with pictures:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=849165&highlight=6048

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1428841&highlight=6048

Thanks!

I'm still undecided. I will give X a call tomorrow.

Sent from my G8142 using Forums mobile app

Why would you have to cancel the cruise, first? I switch staterooms many times and do not have to cancel.

Agreed. I've often changed staterooms. All it takes is a call. If the location you want is a very desirable cabin and you can't call right away, do a mock booking and put it on a 24 hour hold. Then call to change and release the hold while you're on the phone with the agent so they can grab it for you.

Agreed. I've often changed staterooms. All it takes is a call. If the location you want is a very desirable cabin and you can't call right away, do a mock booking and put it on a 24 hour hold. Then call to change and release the hold while you're on the phone with the agent so they can grab it for you.
Unfortunately, I cannot hold a room on the UK site. It's going to be a long 10 hour wait until I can speak to them in the morning, arrgghh!

Sent from my E6553 using Forums mobile app

6048 looks to be a bigger balcony, but you are also right over the lifeboats.
6026 is a 'sweet sixteen' cabin so already has a large balcony. I was thinking of being slightly nearer midship whilst not compromising TOO much on balcony space.

Decisions decisions! To look straight down to the ocean, or have a wind break and be on the hump!

Sent from my E6553 using Forums mobile app

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, dsotm73 said:

Shot in the dark here, but if 1sttimecruisee is still around, how was 6048? Any regrets on the switch? How was your cruise?

The OP did a blog here:

I haven't read it but you might find comments about the cabin in it.  EM

19 hours ago, dsotm73 said:

Shot in the dark here, but if 1sttimecruisee is still around, how was 6048? Any regrets on the switch? How was your cruise?

6048 was great. A really good wide angled balcony. Apart a slight obstructed view of the ocean from the lifeboats below, it was a great position facing the stern of the ship. 

I didn't get to see 6026 that I originally booked to make a comparison but I don't regret the swap one bit. 

Apart from the limited choice of entertainment, I think everyone I spoke to really enjoyed the cruise; as did I. 😊

Thanks

Andy