Discount for Large Family?

mevs904

we have a relative who is trying to plan an Alaska cruise for her family of 16. Does Princess ever offer any kind of discount for that many people? I should note that various members of the family will be paying for their cruises separately, but they will all book it on the same day.

we have a relative who is trying to plan an Alaska cruise for her family of 16. Does Princess ever offer any kind of discount for that many people? I should note that various members of the family will be paying for their cruises separately, but they will all book it on the same day.

I believe I have heard that if people book as a group and occupy 8 or more cabins, there can be some kind of benefit. Not sure what the benefit might be. Maybe as much as the group organizer getting a free fare for the cruise. Booking as a group and having everyone in the group linked will make it possible to all dine together at the same or adjacent tables. I would contact Princess and ask if there is a group booking representative you need to deal with.

Sorry I have no definitive answer to your question. Maybe others can add factual and current details.

I know that there are TAs who will discount a large (at least 8 cabins?) booking, your relative may want to ask around. Several years ago, we participated in one such booking - the one who organized it got their cabin "paid" for, which she graciously split up among us all.

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

If there are any who are going to book who have never sailed with Princess before be sure to use the "refer a friend" thing before they book. The party (previous Princess cruiser) who refers them will get $25 OBC and the referred party will also get $25 OBC. This will work for multiple parties as long as they are booking and have never booked before. If you are the previous Princess cruiser and you refer your brother, your brother in law, your parents, your uncle, etc. as long as each of those parties has never sailed with Princess before and each of them is a separate "booking party" - each of them books a room separate from the others - each of them will get $25 OBC and you will get $25 OBC for each of them. Free money is nice. :)

Work with a good TA and have them get group space. If there are 8 cabins (16 people), one person can sail free (or divide it amongst everyone). Plus, if the TA gets group space, there are extras that can be thrown in such as OBC, etc... If the TA gets group space, it doesn't have to happen the same day, but you will want it booked before the group space gets booked up.

If you use a TA - everyone can call the TA and fianically deal with them directly. One person doesn't have to.

I also agree about doing referrals.

If you use a TA - everyone can call the TA and fianically deal with them directly. One person doesn't have to.

This is perhaps the best benefit of using a TA I've ever heard and one I've never considered. I can imagine how such an arrangement could avoid for potentially uncomfortable conversations between people when money matters come up.

Excellent advice on the TA.

Thank you everyone for these excellent suggestions. A special thank you to Thrak...I had forgotten about the “refer a friend” and all members of this group have never sailed Princess before.

I would spread it around if you can as you can only use 5 per person per sailing I think. I referred a bunch of people and I am not on the same sailing but only 5 are showing up on my next sailing.

Speak with a number of T.A.'s. They are the ones who put large groups together, and provide the incentives. It really doesn't matter who pays. The T.A. sets up the group and people book as they like. In practice there may actually be passengers in the T.A.'s group that you don't know and will never meet.

Thank you everyone for these excellent suggestions. A special thank you to Thrak...I had forgotten about the “refer a friend” and all members of this group have never sailed Princess before.

Make sure you do Refer a Friend well before you book. I remembered Refer a Friend, the same day my agent booked our cruise and was declined as the cruise was booked before my friend accepted Refer a Friend.

Your relative should not book anything until they talk to a good TA. The TA will also handle all of the details on the booking and make your relative's life a lot easier. Dealing with a group is far worse than herding a group of cats.

DON

Your relative should not book anything until they talk to a good TA. The TA will also handle all of the details on the booking and make your relative's life a lot easier. Dealing with a group is far worse than herding a group of cats.

DON

Agreed ! Have TA block Group Space

Everyone likes the idea of a cruise until it is time for payment . TA can handle all questions and $ .

Sent from my iPad using Forums