HELP!!! Is HDMI 'in reach' on Regal?

UAL_FlyGal

If so, PLEASE tell me how you accomplished it!! I see there is some sort of 'cover' preventing folk's from getting 'on the side' of the TV. We want to be able to play DVD's on the big screen. I'll be forever grateful! a018.gif

If you are in a medallion enabled cabin, this could be helpful:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2668989

Otherwise, this is a picture of the back of the TV. Many folks have had success simply

unplugging the Princess HDMI cable, and plugging in their own. Note, that depending

on the cabin layout, (like sideways insides) it may not be possible to get access to the connections.

38601642282_8341a63dc4_b.jpg

Even if you are able to plugin in the HDMI cable, good luck trying to change the input/source mode on the TV. The TV on the ship is like a hotel TV with the menu system disabled on the tv preventing you from changing anything

True enough. That's why you want to unplug the ship HDMI cable, and plug your own cable

into the same HDMI input on the TV.

On my last cruise, I brought a little hdmi switch, so I could easily switch between princess programming,

and my own source. (available from a site with a major river named after it)

71iOfiw4MGL._SL1100_.jpg

Edited by pablo222

Helpful? Are you serious??!! It was amazing!!

THANKS SO VERY, VERY MUCH for the pic & link pablo222! f050.gif

You're welcome. The below picture shows the potential problem with sideways insides.

To get to the inputs, you need to reach around the left side of the tv. But, it's mounted

so close to the wall that it's not possible to get a paw in there.

The cabins with the mirror-image layout are fine.

20161008_150934.jpg

True enough. That's why you want to unplug the ship HDMI cable, and plug your own cable

into the same HDMI input on the TV.

On my last cruise, I brought a little hdmi switch, so I could easily switch between princess programming,

and my own source. (available from a site with a major river named after it)

71iOfiw4MGL._SL1100_.jpg

That's the one I bought & it works great. No loss in quality even with a 60 foot active cable.

I split my HDMI signal output from my cable box to our kitchen TV instead of renting another HD cable box.

I'm bringing it on the ship next cruise so I won't have to keep unplugging my HDMI cable every time we want to switch over.

You're welcome. The below picture shows the potential problem with sideways insides.

To get to the inputs, you need to reach around the left side of the tv. But, it's mounted

so close to the wall that it's not possible to get a paw in there.

The cabins with the mirror-image layout are fine.

Our stateroom will have it mounted like this: https://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift/...68060/SNAPFISH

Do you know how to remove that white cover? (red arrow) :confused:

Our stateroom will have it mounted like this: https://www.snapfish.com/photo-gift/...68060/SNAPFISH

Do you know how to remove that white cover? (red arrow) :confused:

I think you should ask Mr. SSMEX on the other thread, as he seems to be the expert on

medallion enabled cabins.

On the other hand, this is cruise critic, so I should probably post an answer about something

I have never seen, as fact, and try and work in alaskan topology, as well.

This is the other thread I am thinking of:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2668989

I see that you did post there, but (at least) I can not open the snapfish link.

I haven't seen any other references to TVs in the medallion enabled cabins.

I thought about your picture, and the cabins I have had with the Samsung TVs.

(at least on royal, they have a mixture of samsung and viewsonic)

I'm pretty sure that white box was behind the right side of the TV, and the HDMI

connections were behind the left side.

Here's the pic: ;p

tv%20side%201_zpsagulbofv.jpg

I am not up on all this technology, so maybe this isn't possible. Has anyone tried to stream something from a satellite provider like DISH or DirectTV onboard using an HMDI connection, say? I'm thinking of college football games while we're on the Regal in October. Thanks in advance.

I am not up on all this technology, so maybe this isn't possible. Has anyone tried to stream something from a satellite provider like DISH or DirectTV onboard using an HMDI connection, say? I'm thinking of college football games while we're on the Regal in October. Thanks in advance.

good luck trying to pick up a signal. your cabin is like a big metal box that blocks all signals from cell phones, satellites and other things. The ship does has their own satellite cable tv system like dish and directtv,it all depends on which channels the ship can detect. I was on one ship where there was no tv due a weak signal issue.

I thought about your picture, and the cabins I have had with the Samsung TVs.

(at least on royal, they have a mixture of samsung and viewsonic)

I'm pretty sure that white box was behind the right side of the TV, and the HDMI

connections were behind the left side.

On my tv it was behind the left side. I am not tech inclined but would need a crowbar to get to HDMI or an extra long special instrument. You might ask a tech on the ship but would guess it was fixed like this to prevent tinkering with backspace. Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't even imagine what would happen if everyone decided to bring their own type of devices. What would happen if everyone disconnected the cable wire behind the tv (if they could) and connected their own device...the neighbors on the entire deck would receive your programming? I wonder if that is monitored somehow..

I can't even imagine what would happen if everyone decided to bring their own type of devices. What would happen if everyone disconnected the cable wire behind the tv (if they could) and connected their own device...the neighbors on the entire deck would receive your programming? I wonder if that is monitored somehow..

It wouldn't be transmitting your video back into the system.

My thoughts on this new system that Princess has introduced is that sometime in the near future after all the ships have been converted is they will be offering first run movies.....at a premium price of course. :D