EZ air Price fluctuation.

Tedferg

I searched the Forum but did not find an answer to this EZ air question and thought this clarification might be helpful to others.

EZ air states "Fare and availability not guaranteed until paid"

However, under ‘Fare Restrictions’ Prices are not subject to increase, except for charges resulting fromincreases in government imposed taxes or fees.”

I called Princess to clarify this and was told the Fare would NOT increase if Flexible Fare is selected and added to a booking, unless we make a change.

So we can preserve a Fare but maintain the option to choose a lower Fare in the future.

However, there have been posts by some people that said EZAir changed their flight schedule with the excuse that the new schedule could honor that original fare, but the original fare was no longer available for the original schedule.

People have said that but what's really happened is that the airline has changed the schedule so that it no longer works for the cruise timing OR outright cancels one or more flights. If the flexible reservation hasn't been purchased and ticketed and this happens, you will have to select new flights at the current fares. If it has been purchased and ticketed, you are locked in at the fare you've paid and you work with the airline and / or EZ Air to find acceptable replacement flights. Which is why I ask them to ticket as soon as I've paid for the tickets, otherwise they may not do so until up to 45 days before departure.

However, there have been posts by some people that said EZAir changed their flight schedule with the excuse that the new schedule could honor that original fare, but the original fare was no longer available for the original schedule.

This supposedly is no longer true.

In this instance the fare went from $968 to $1013 then $1024 over a couple of days while our fellow travelers were deciding on using miles or EZ air. I suppose there is hope that fares could go down between now and May 2019, so no benefit to paying and ticketing now, right ?

We were lucky that we had Alaska miles to use our friends miles are on American and their return itinerary was dreadful.

There's been some grumbling over on the Celebrity board about Choice Air prices skyrocketing over the past month or so - especially for business class. E.G. My flight booked two months ago for $1,300 is now $3,400. Others have reported similar experiences. Has this been an issue for EZ air? I'm just wondering if the airlines are changing there discount policies with cruise air reservation agencies.

In this instance the fare went from $968 to $1013 then $1024 over a couple of days while our fellow travelers were deciding on using miles or EZ air. I suppose there is hope that fares could go down between now and May 2019, so no benefit to paying and ticketing now, right ?

We were lucky that we had Alaska miles to use our friends miles are on American and their return itinerary was dreadful.

Some airlines require you to have the flight ticketed and paid for in order to choose seats, others do not. No, there is no other reason to ticket now--as long as you keep the flex fare (don't pay and ticket), you can cancel with no penalty as well as being able to nail a lower fare if one appears.

On our most recent cruise, the fares were yo-yos. They would bounce up and down, and when they went below what we'd booked, I was able to grab a savings twice.

People have said that but what's really happened is that the airline has changed the schedule so that it no longer works for the cruise timing OR outright cancels one or more flights.

The posts about having the schedule changed by EZAir indicated that they could see the original flights still available on the airline's web site.

The posts about having the schedule changed by EZAir indicated that they could see the original flights still available on the airline's web site.

My Travel Agent is one of the highest Top Producers with Princess. She has had extensive conversations with Princess on this with the VP of Sales. They used to not guarantee fares but now they do. Your information is outdated. I wish you would stop posting this as it no longer relevant. She has not had one person had this happen to since they have changed the program. You need to get your facts straight instead of posting this all the time.