Wondering if Steak Tartare is still be served in the Elite lounge?

p010ne

I just finished reading "The Cowboy and the Cossack" by Clair Huffaker which is newly available as it has been out of print. The Tartar incidents made be yearn for some Steak Tartare and I hope it is still available on Princess?

We saw a big cutback at the PES lounge last month on the CB.

Nothing like it used to be.........

I love my steak tartare but I never saw it.

The new drink specials/offerings are not good.

The card left in the cabin does not even have the appetizer specialty anymore.

Just has dates for the cruise.

I made the comment that it seems that they are phasing out this perk. imo :(:(:(

Three of the six nights the lounge was open on my two Alaska cruises were "chips/crackers and dip" for the appetizer: one night salsa, one night guac, one night the beef tartare. Sushi is apparently gone (not missed by me though) and smoked salmon hit or miss for a while now. And the drink specials so unappealing that many people just snack without one (or just ask for a glass of water), thus the bar waiters stand around completely tuned out and are hard to beckon should you actually want to order.

On our cruise this past spring on the Emerald, the PES lounge was not as crowded as it had been before. The drink specials leave a lot to be desired so we mostly passed on them. They had a rotation of finger food that was on a 7 day schedule. As I remember there was shrimp (love it), steak tartare (pass on it), chips and guacamole (nice), salmon (great) and some other choices that I have forgotten. The card in our cabin did list the date, port and PES special drink and finger food. We are going on the CB soon and will find out if anything has changed. We do like that time of day.

We saw a big cutback at the PES lounge last month on the CB.

Nothing like it used to be.........

I love my steak tartare but I never saw it.

The new drink specials/offerings are not good.

The card left in the cabin does not even have the appetizer specialty anymore.

Just has dates for the cruise.

I made the comment that it seems that they are phasing out this perk. imo :(:(:(

We had the same thing on CB in March. Card that just listed the days but no info on the food. I'm not a steak tartare person but many are and it was not offered on the 14 day Circle Caribbean. Actually very limited offerings. Fortunately we had the PBP so we could have whatever drink we wanted. Very different than what we had on Emerald last October.

The steak tartare on Princess ships is NOT ground beef. :)

But... Steak Tartare is, by definition, made from ground meat. Are you saying Princess uses a different meat (horse perhaps?) or are you saying that what Princess serves isn't really Steak Tartare? Please elaborate as I am truly curious.

But... Steak Tartare is, by definition, made from ground meat. Are you saying Princess uses a different meat (horse perhaps?) or are you saying that what Princess serves isn't really Steak Tartare? Please elaborate as I am truly curious.
My guess would be that they're thinking of a few technical differences.

Steak tartare is usually made from a specific cut and chopped onsite/ to order. Whereas ground beef is usually made at least in part from trimmings and ground in a larger facility not onsite. As the inside of beef muscle meat starts out sterile it's the higher chance of cross contamination when grinding it that makes the difference between the two.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Forums mobile app